No announcement yet.

I could really use an honest opinion about an incident that happened today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    P5ssy? Im married! Last time I asked my wife said "ok lets play hide and seek count to ten!" I still haven't found her
    Lol gotcha

Just making sure stress didn't cause all this.

Comment

In situations like this one, you always have more to lose than the other party.

It may sound paranoid, but like a CCW guy or a politician, you always have to be in your best behavior.

Try always to de-escalate the situation and act like you're being watched 24/7.

You have no idea who's recording and how the recording might turn out...specially when you initiated physical contact.

Will the statement you give override what a video camera can show? Think about that for a second.

Also, you were with your son. What would have you done if that person pulled a knife/gun on you?

Macho Man comes in second place when a loved one is at risk...its was a dumb mistake on your part despite what the other guy might have said.

Just be thankful nothing happened and learn from it...next time might be critical

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Fair play. Dude sounds like a selfish f#ckhead that needed a reality check & you gave him one. The saying you'd kill him thing is wayyyyy above & beyond doe so you lose some points there. And I don't even condone the pushing, but I'm a guy who won't make contact with anyone unless we fighting. So if I'm pushing him I'm throwing a punch right when he next enters my line of sight. But I know different strokes for different folks with pushing sh^t & some people live for that pushing thing to take the fight right outta a guy or to let him know to calm the f#ck down before things get too real.
        I give you a B - for this post. Look up Geoff Thompson and research the effect pushing can actually have. Most notably adrenal dump in the potential attacker causing them to freeze or create nervous energy taking the fight right out of em.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
          I give you a B - for this post. Look up Geoff Thompson and research the effect pushing can actually have. Most notably adrenal dump in the potential attacker causing them to freeze or create nervous energy taking the fight right out of em.
          Someone knows their self protection luminaries. Thompson came up as a Bouncer, as I did lol, so I can get his background. Yes a push is a way to control someone, also you know when tactile is initiated when they are going to do something, ditto for a way to intimidate and even a way to put someone down very quickly.

Comment

OP and everyone needs to consider the legal definition, and also as has been pointed out, the ubiquity of cameras.
            The slightest touch is assault by law. Certainly a push is.

Another reason to completely avoid physical confrontation unless in true unavoidable self-defense.

Comment

Perhaps...But again, why would I lie about something like this? Regarding enlightenment: Nobody should ever claim they are enlightened. Everyone should try as best they can to be so. Its a process and we are all human. The only crime is not doing the best one can.
              i hope you will do better next time because this was a disappointment or as i said maybe i thought too highly of you.

Comment

Did you read the thread? I could not drive off. I also knew he was not packing.
                The general consensus is that I was an idiot. this makes me feel great because I can now hear how people would handle the situation and learn from it! lets take it from the last part of the confrontation shall we? The question is, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

The guy was grabbing at my door, yelling obscenities. The street was a small one so I pulled over to the opposite lane of traffic (no one was coming) and that is when I told him I was coming out of the car, to which he suddenly got scared and said "no no don't come out." I should say that by pulling to the left I could open the door directly and not involve my son.

To me this would have been a point where I could have tried to drive away. no guarantee that he would not start again, but I could have tried at least... I get that.
                Also I had looked I knew what he had on him, etc. I knew he was not armed for chrisake.
                So tell me wise ones? WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?
                Lemme see. Charles Village and Guilford Ave. I live in Harford County now, but trust me I know Baltimore. In fact years ago my mother worked at the Ambassador Apts across from Homewood Field. That's on Canterbury and I think the Blackstone is Charles Village.
                So...you have Hopkins, Wyman Park, Charles Village, but then not far you have Druid Hill, Greenmount Ave, or Clifton Park. Quite a range of demographics. I've done work at some old big homes on St Paul and Roland Park too.

First off, I have NO doubt that you were able to "size up" the dude and assess what he had and what he was about. I've seen them. There was no immediate weapons risk, I totally agree.
                I can't recall, are there sidewalks on Guilford, that part ? I think I've done estimates over there. When you pulled to the left side of the street, were there any cars parked and did he then purposely move to the driver's side to stay arguing with you ? Were you all the way to the curb and he was up on the sidewalk ? Originally he was in the middle, then caught up to you at the stop sign, you crossed the intersection to pull on the left, and he followed with enough room to stay on your side ?

My point is, this guy certainly seemed to be the first party to act out of line, be an ass, and provoke you. Welcome to human society, right ? Also, the way it all turned out, no harm - no foul, and apparently you are open to learning from it (which is awesome).
                I would NOT call you an idiot, but human. I think you have already realized you made a mistake and could have driven away, the instant you saw he was "scared" and asked you not to exit your vehicle. THAT'S what I would have done, I think (pretty sure I am way past my temper issues). It's our ego that thinks we have to 'teach others a lesson', or react in anger. No matter how controlled you were, you were angry and rightfully so. Still, anybody engaging you in dialogue about, "When it's time throw down I don't quit, back down or stop until the altercation is taken to death blows", is B/S, foolish, vain, immature, macho-macho ape talk.

Remember what we said about wisdom from children verses being childish ? Wasn't that you ? There are times to be in battle-warrior mode, but they are rare and involve war or serious family threat. I don't care if trouble comes knocking at my door, I'm running from it. I've had my fill of fights, hospitals, police, jails, drama, and courts. I grew up in Dundalk and went into the Marines right out of high school. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, except GOD.

I think your reason for posting is two-fold. Something inside was saying you made a mistake or you were seeking validation for your actions. TBH, I sense some ego driven content (which we all have), and I think you can recognize which replies I'm referring to.

Overall, I'm glad it turned out fairly harmless and you are willing to hear feedback. I think we want our kids to respect our "toughness", but we can also show them our growth and wisdom.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                  Hey bro first off this was definitely not the Buddhist way thats for sure lol.

Second off these things always happen to me and Im not gonna pull the race card here but at least Ill have to dance around it and say I can't be beating up white hipsters cuz we all know who the police will automatically assume and defend first soon as they arrive. The old me would have knocked him out(the teenager me shoot even the 20's me) but the 30's plus me has to swallow my pride and hold back.

2 similar situations happened to me recently one a Connor mcgregor looking white hipster almost hits me and my lady as we walking in the cross walk at beverly center. He was on his phone not paying attention. I then give him a look like like WTF? I was gonna kill the static there but then he starts mouthing off saying watch where you walking and cussing me out.

I then walk right up to his face and he then says you aint gonna do shat! All you LA people are FAKE as F! I then said park your car and step out and lets talk man to man then.

He then acts like he's gonna park and then peels out of the beverly center.

But like if I fought him man to man and the cops came we all know they gonna tackle me instantly and protect his white Connor arse and then ask questions later. AND THATS IF IM LUCKY.

Again not to bring race into this but yeah thats real talk brother!
                  First props for maturing and growing as a man. Second, that sucks you have to deal with the double standard 'assumptions'. It shouldn't be that way.

Comment

You didnt do anything wrong. But i would be hella cautious about doing that kind of thing in the USA, cause literally anyone could have a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                      First props for maturing and growing as a man. Second, that sucks you have to deal with the double standard 'assumptions'. It shouldn't be that way.
                      Green K bro.

i hate pulling the race card plus im light skin so I get it from both sides but yeah, we can't even afford to let loose on no one given the current climate and its been like that all my life.

Thanks for your understanding, I try not to get involved with race related or political threads but once in a while I slip and get it off my chest. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Working...
                      X