No announcement yet.

Any free checking accounts anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    You guys are weird. I have Aspiration and Capital One and don't pay any fees and any atm fees are reversed. Aspiration I can use everywhere for free even international. Capital one it just has to be a certain kind of atm that's usually located anywhere I go.

This was also the same when I had Ally.

These are online banks. The only issue is deposits of large amounts. Capital One I have to go to a cafe-if it's over 5k and that was super easy to do.
    Aspiration I mail it in if it's over a certain amount.

Direct deposit is fine too.

I guess I understand if you need a physical bank but I haven't had the need for years.

Also, credit unions are great idea and Charles Schwab is super good too if you have a brokerage account (I do with Aspiration as well).
    where do u live bro? none of those are like within 300 miles of where I live

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      where do u live bro? none of those are like within 300 miles of where I live
      They are all online. Aspiration and Ally have no physical banks.

Any ATM you use is free, even international.

Hell, I used my debit card in Myanmar (Burma). No fee.

https://www.aspiration.com/
      https://www.ally.com/
      https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab...ecking_account
      Last edited by jreckoning; 06-18-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Whats weird with having a bank with physical location? I also get those free stuff as premium member. Maybe online only bank is just as good, i just didnt bother researching them... most people still use banks with physical location

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          Whats weird with having a bank with physical location? I also get those free stuff as premium member. Maybe online only bank is just as good, i just didnt bother researching them... most people still use banks with physical location
          I thought it was weird to pay fees in this day and age.
          Last edited by jreckoning; 06-18-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

yeah Chase is bad but God damn Wells Fargo is the worst they got a huge lawsuit going on right now.
            I hate Wells Fargo. Used to work for BofAMerrill Lynch, and even my mom was complaining to me about fees, charges, late charges..... and the kicker was, I worked on the investment side, stock, bonds, etc.

I’m. Familiar with crazy over charging.

I’m glad Wells Fargo is getttiig sued.

Comment

but me like most prefer to have cash in hand. lot of restaurants are cash only. u go to an ethnic mom and pop, lot of dive bars cash only, hell the strip club is cash only so we'd rather have a few hundred in hand to make us feel more comfortable especially if we out of town.

I guess I just dont trust most ATM's hell even my chase ATM F'd me before. Once I pulled out $500 and when we hit the club we all threw down like $100 each for a table one night so I'm like I still got $400 left in my wallet to have a good time right? Wrong there was only like $300 something the ATM shorted me so I called Chase and said hey you guys shorted me by like $60 so they said ok just wait a full week until that atm does its weekly report if its $60 over we'll just reimburse, a whole week later!

Talk about BS right?

Comment

but me like most prefer to have cash in hand. lot of restaurants are cash only. u go to an ethnic mom and pop, lot of dive bars cash only, hell the strip club is cash only so we'd rather have a few hundred in hand to make us feel more comfortable especially if we out of town.

I guess I just dont trust most ATM's hell even my chase ATM F'd me before. Once I pulled out $500 and when we hit the club we all threw down like $100 each for a table one night so I'm like I still got $400 left in my wallet to have a good time right? Wrong there was only like $300 something the ATM shorted me so I called Chase and said hey you guys shorted me by like $60 so they said ok just wait a full week until that atm does its weekly report if its $60 over we'll just reimburse, a whole week later!

Talk about BS right?
                I guess I am lucky as I pretty much trust them. The only scares I ever had were overseas.
                Once in Sri Lanka, NO ATM worked for 2 days. I had like 30 bucks on me at the time and it turned out that their whole system was ****ed up. I had just been to Singapore and figure I am good. I will just get cash when I need it there.
                Second time, in Thailand, I left my card in an ATM, I call Capital One and some Indian lady canceled ALL MY CARDs. 2 credit and 1 debt which was all I was gonna bring but thank god I had a back up from another bank with me.

Comment

Talk about BS right?
                  Did they end up reimbursing yiu?

Comment

I guess I am lucky as I pretty much trust them. The only scares I ever had were overseas.
                    Once in Sri Lanka, NO ATM worked for 2 days. I had like 30 bucks on me at the time and it turned out that their whole system was ****ed up. I had just been to Singapore and figure I am good. I will just get cash when I need it there.
                    Second time, in Thailand, I left my card in an ATM, I call Capital One and some Indian lady canceled ALL MY CARDs. 2 credit and 1 debt which was all I was gonna bring but thank god I had a back up from another bank with me.
                    yeah bro out of the country is even worse! bro even in Hawaii (which I love) if u slide your credit card at some of the restaurants and bars they add some sketchy fees assuming you live far as hell from Hawaii so you won't dispute it. happened to my brother he bought a round of drinks at this bar in Waikiki for like 5 of his friends should have been like $70 tops, they charged him an extra $200 on top of the legit $70 again assuming his arse lives in Detroit or something and won't be back to Hawaii for another 10 years!

This is why I always bring cash with me when I travel!

Damn bro tell me some more about Singapore and Thailand it looks like we going this summer!

Do they take USD there? What was wrong with the system?

I want to eat bomb food there! I heard everything is crazy high priced in Singapore is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Did they end up reimbursing yiu?
                      yeah in the end they did but a full 7 days later!

So imagine if I needed that extra $60 that night? Or weekend or week?

They were also Dacks about it too they were like ok we'll see if its over by $60 first and then make you wait a full 7 days!

Like with technology today shouldn't they be able to just confirm in real time? Isn't everything really updated in real time not a full week later after a week report is complete?

Comment

Working...
                      X