No announcement yet.

Y'all seen this, wire fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Pressed next episode on Amazon Video, apparently I was rewatching and stopped just before season 1 finale.

Think I might skip Season 2 doe. The whole thing with the Greeks and the boating union was a snoozefest.. at least compared to the rest of the show.
    Watch season 2. It shows you who is really making money off the drugs and how.

Comment

Loved the convo they had after right after interrogating him

Daniels - "Tell me something good"
      McNulty - "We're charging him... inproper disposal of an animal; discharging a firearm in city limits"
      Bunk - "Animal cruelty too if you wanna run wild wit it"
      LOL. Old Bunk was always good for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Watch season 2. It shows you who is really making money off the drugs and how.
        Season 2 was probably my favourite season. The surveillance and criminal investigation was more detailed and interesting than the previous season, the port guys reminded me of the kind people around where I live, which had been a mining town until all that started shutting down, so it was bit more relatable to people who're from a struggling working class area but are not necessarily from a ghetto with drug dealers on every corner. It also had a bit more humour like Ziggy in general, Herc and Carver on surveillance, McNulty in the brothel etc.

The first 4 seasons were all so good you could make a case for any of them though. The fifth let it down a bit with the boring newspaper storyline and serial killer stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
          Season 2 was probably my favourite season. The surveillance and criminal investigation was more detailed and interesting than the previous season, the port guys reminded me of the kind people around where I live, which had been a mining town until all that started shutting down, so it was bit more relatable to people who're from a struggling working class area but are not necessarily from a ghetto with drug dealers on every corner. It also had a bit more humour like Ziggy in general, Herc and Carver on surveillance, McNulty in the brothel etc.

The first 4 seasons were all so good you could make a case for any of them though. The fifth let it down a bit with the boring newspaper storyline and serial killer stupidity.
          All fair points. I'd put season 2 over season 5 still. Definitely has some funny moments plus the drug dealers side plot (prop joe/brother mouzone/omar/stringer/avon) keeps the season feeling relevant to everything from season 1. The season 5 finale was pretty dope but aside from that the main plot for that season was fairly stale. I did like the mess McNulty created with the homeless serial killer doe.

You guys are right. I'll watch season 2 during this rewatch.

Comment

I enjoyed all of them. Season two was good also because it showed Avon, Weebey and D'Angelo in prison. I won't spoil it but we know what happened to one of them.

Comment

I never knew why they put that newspaper storyline in there. It was very boring to say the least. I guess they were trying to cover all the bases but it really sucked life out of a lot of episodes.

I kind of liked the serial killer story, though. It was quite ridiculous and funny and at times and I couldn't help but think that something like this has probably happened at some point.

Comment

Pressed next episode on Amazon Video, apparently I was rewatching and stopped just before season 1 finale.

Think I might skip Season 2 doe. The whole thing with the Greeks and the boating union was a snoozefest.. at least compared to the rest of the show.
                Frank and Nicky Sabotka were cool characters though. Plus what that season represented was work in America, at least when Frank Sobototka talked. You can tell the writer was pretty much using the characters to say what he thinks about America.

Comment

After viewing season two a second time, I have changed my mind. That season kicked arse!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Had me rolling...

[IMG][/IMG]
                    just the intro music doe innit

Comment

Originally posted by engleby View Post
                      just the intro music doe innit
                      Funniest video I've seen in a while. I like Mayor Quimby being the four people shoveling the dirt in the beginning and Ms. Crabopple as the hoe near the end. Haha. Classic.

Comment

Working...
                      X