Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or when Golovkin says "mexican style" its sounds stupid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a lot of Mexicans like him. That's all that matters. And he actually does fight in a way that a lot of Mexican fighters do. His trainer is Mexican and GGG lives in LA which has a huge Mexican population.

If he was talking about 'African American slick bruvva style,' and how he has black blood and eats grits and soul food everyday, that would be stupid and wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

He sounds like a muppet...like an actual european muppet speaking broken english.

Just throw a ggg hublot watch on this guy...

Comment

It sounded worse when chavez sr asked canelo if mexican style existed...canelo responded with" mexican style doesn't exist buy my style is" ...figure that one out ...LOL

Comment

LOl yea it is cringe worthy to the max. Sounds like some Russian dickhead with no personality talking about mexican style this and that is ridiculous.

I have no problem with foreign fighters trying to speak english on TV but they got to sound respectable at least..

I grt annoyed trying to make out what these guys are saying sometimes. Just get a transalator.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            He sounds like a muppet...like an actual european muppet speaking broken english.

Just throw a ggg hublot watch on this guy...

Lmfao ! GG has no personality. Not PPV material

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              Lmfao ! GG has no personality. Not PPV material
              His personality is ok...just a bit repetitive. His problem is that he's been built up as this devastating KO artist, and that's where his ppv appeal comes from. But if he can't keep knocking guys out, which is much harder at the highest level, then his stock drops as far as selling ppvs. If he KOd jacobs and canelo...his stock would be at an all-time high...instead it's dwindling.

Comment

Anything he says sounds stupid. Elvis's instructions on his movie career: shut up and sing. GGG's instructions should follow suit: shut up and box. At least people will perceive the silence to be mysterious!

Comment

Im sure he wanted to lure Canelo into a fight but Canelo is to into Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    agreed. but can we have a translator there to translate it to ggg and if ggg wants to answer it himself then he can do so.

i think the problem is ggg not fully understanding the question being asked that's why his response is always out of the norm.

plus, interviewers need to know their limit, when their interviewing a foreign fighter, stop using big words! just keep it real nice and simple.
                    this!!! interviewers asking him paragraph long questions....he is trying...remember cotto? barely spoke a word in English but he learned and now he can talk and the people can understand him better. with his charm he won me it makes him relatable

Comment

I think it's also very he's learned to be careful of Max Kellerman putting him on the spot so he also plays like he don't understand even though the interpreter is right there

Comment

Working...
                      X