No announcement yet.

Who is p4p #1 now?? This is a mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is p4p #1 now?? This is a mess

I don't really know who to put at #1 p4p.

Here are some candidates:

Chocolatito - I thought he won 115-111. That being said, its not completely ludicrous to say the Thai won the fight. Lots of close rounds. And it was not a great performance by Choco.

If a decision is bad enough (like Kova-Ward), I ignore the official and wrong result and go forward with my determination of the fight for p4p & ranking purposes.

But if a fight is close enough that it could have gone either way, I accept the official decision, even if my decision differs.

This fight I think is a bad decision, not a "could have gone either way" fight.

Ward - I cant see putting Ward as #1, seeing as he got a gift decision. I've been ranking him as 2a (with Kova as 2b). He did perform well against the best fighter in a 2nd division.

Kova - Ive been ranking him as 2b, bc I believe he beat Ward, who is an excellent fighter. Note that Kova has done all his work in one division.

GGG - I had GGG edging the fight based on the KD (114-113). So he won against his best opponent. But if the judges gave it to Jacobs close, I would have accepted that result. Many close rounds. GGG also stopped looking like he was a class above. I cant see having GGG as #1 based on that performance. Hell, if the dudes behind him (Bud, Loma, Pac, etc) impress, they can overtake him

I don't thing that dudes like Bud, Loma have done enough to be #1. Pac is a possibility, but Vargas & Bradley don't remove how bad he looked v Money, and he is on the downside of his career.

Since I do think it was a bad decision, I may just retain Choco as p4p #1, but it doesn't look right given the official decision.

And Choco is vulnerable at 115, he give up a lot of size and he hit the Thai w/ EVERYTHING to no effect.

Honestly, the top of the p4p list is a mess based on bad decisions and GGG not exactly putting to rest claims that he's more hype than substance.

Who ever was at number 2 will now be number 1..but honestly the top spot is yet to be determined

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. said Lomachenko was #1 in his eyes

Comment

I just put Lomachenko up there, maybe a bit early but he'll probably end up there soon anyway. Him and Crawford have both had the most dominating performances over people that were supposed to be threats to them recently, may switch them after their next fights if Crawfords performance is better, may stick Ward/Kovalev winner up there. It is a mess.

Comment

#1. Andre Ward

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
            I don't really know who to put at #1 p4p.

Here are some candidates:

Chocolatito - I thought he won 115-111. That being said, its not completely ludicrous to say the Thai won the fight. Lots of close rounds. And it was not a great performance by Choco.

If a decision is bad enough (like Kova-Ward), I ignore the official and wrong result and go forward with my determination of the fight for p4p & ranking purposes.

But if a fight is close enough that it could have gone either way, I accept the official decision, even if my decision differs.

This fight I think is a bad decision, not a "could have gone either way" fight.

Ward - I cant see putting Ward as #1, seeing as he got a gift decision. I've been ranking him as 2a (with Kova as 2b). He did perform well against the best fighter in a 2nd division.

Kova - Ive been ranking him as 2b, bc I believe he beat Ward, who is an excellent fighter. Note that Kova has done all his work in one division.

GGG - I had GGG edging the fight based on the KD (114-113). So he won against his best opponent. But if the judges gave it to Jacobs close, I would have accepted that result. Many close rounds. GGG also stopped looking like he was a class above. I cant see having GGG as #1 based on that performance. Hell, if the dudes behind him (Bud, Loma, Pac, etc) impress, they can overtake him

I don't thing that dudes like Bud, Loma have done enough to be #1. Pac is a possibility, but Vargas & Bradley don't remove how bad he looked v Money, and he is on the downside of his career.

Since I do think it was a bad decision, I may just retain Choco as p4p #1, but it doesn't look right given the official decision.

And Choco is vulnerable at 115, he give up a lot of size and he hit the Thai w/ EVERYTHING to no effect.

Honestly, the top of the p4p list is a mess based on bad decisions and GGG not exactly putting to rest claims that he's more hype than substance.
            Kovalev to me is out because he didn't put Ward away when he had the chance.

Comment

Still Loma, Ward or Kovalev (in whatever order) IMO like it was going into the Weekend

Comment

Ward and Kovalev are the two best fighters in the world

Comment

Lomachenko in my book.

Comment

I think it should be Ward. I thought he lost the Kov fight but its a win on his resume. Top 3 fighters are Ward Kov and Loma. Loma is just missing a grear win to take the spot.

For me, its Ward

Comment

Working...
                    X