Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Angulo PPV buys likely over 300k PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe this # because he carried the PPV with Mayweather.

-In the mind of some poster that will post soon.
    Last edited by V.WEBB; 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      Yeah, with no good supporting card and a bad B side it would say a lot about Canelo's draw. Now imagine what he can do against say Martinez or Cotto with a strong undercard. If this did 400k then I could see Canelo vs Cotto doing 1 million.
      1 million? Idk if it'll do that much at this point but I can see it being on the 750-875k range with Cotto. Not so much Sergio.

Comment

[B]

He also said 1 ppv buy = 6-8 people so if it's 400k buys then max 3.2 million watching.
        Interesting...so, parties, theater screenings, online streaming.

I wonder what all is considered there.

I'd like to know the buy to stream ratio.

Comment

Steve Kim
          those numbers suggest that Canelo's money was tied into PPV upside( and Im told it did break 300,000 buys)

I would say it's in the 400k range myself. Based on the online trends there's no way it pulled less than Bradley-JMM (375k.) Bradley-JMM had 100k google searches and was second most searched in USA on the day, while Canelo-Angulo had 200k searches and came first.

Espionanza has said on twitter 225k would bank 6 million and still be a success. He also said 1 ppv buy = 6-8 people so if it's 400k buys then max 3.2 million watching.
          Here is something that to me its crazy...Where do you get your numbers from,what kind of insight you have to suggest any numbers...I mean it takes quite a bit of calculating to come with an estimate and you say it like your research was made inside...Theres no way to know,not yet...I swear people here think they are accountants,fighters,analysts experts...Hasnt anybody noticed how like in 6 months everybody says the B side and A side word?..I been following boxing,practiced for a while,heard the b side here and there but since ward said it people say it ,in my opinion,to make them sound "more smarter"...Canelo did poor numbers,I am mexican and most of my friends are as well,none of them knew canelo was fighting,and they all are casual fans...Truth is we will never know real numbers since there is no way network will say it was a failure...

Comment

I hope it passes Bradley vs JMM so Pipi mouth can hate Ginger even more!

Comment

With what they were paying the main eventers 2 million combined base pay, they didn't have to do that many buys to make money.

100k is like 6 million which they get half, that right there covers the biggest expenses. If it did 350-400k they banked

Looks like a good deal for everyone as long as Canelo is getting some upside.

Comment

A Boxing PPV that does over 300K and it doesn't include Pacquiao or Maywewather...I would consider that a success!

Comment

300 is more than what Sergio Martinez would pull

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    1 million? Idk if it'll do that much at this point but I can see it being on the 750-875k range with Cotto. Not so much Sergio.
                    I was going on the fact that Cotto's max buy rate seems to be 600k largely from the PR fan base, so if Canelo can get 400k from the Mexican fan base fighting a guy like Angulo the two separate fan bases are likely to go all in for a fight on this scale, with a good supporting card too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      Here is something that to me its crazy...Where do you get your numbers from,what kind of insight you have to suggest any numbers...I mean it takes quite a bit of calculating to come with an estimate and you say it like your research was made inside...Theres no way to know,not yet...I swear people here think they are accountants,fighters,analysts experts...Hasnt anybody noticed how like in 6 months everybody says the B side and A side word?..I been following boxing,practiced for a while,heard the b side here and there but since ward said it people say it ,in my opinion,to make them sound "more smarter"...Canelo did poor numbers,I am mexican and most of my friends are as well,none of them knew canelo was fighting,and they all are casual fans...Truth is we will never know real numbers since there is no way network will say it was a failure...
                      You don't even bother reading the post then act like you know what you're talking about. I quoted Steve Kim who has his own sources then pointed out that the online trends were higher than JMM vs Bradley. There's usually a very strong correlation between PPV numbers and online trends. Truth is, you don't know what you're talking about, not you're mad and going into denile because you have no leg to fall on. Same nonsense starts up after every PPV. If the event bombed it wouldn't have been the most googled thing in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                      X