Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Frochs next opponent predictions...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    IDK why Froch, after taking a step forward with Bute, would take a step backward and fight MWs. I believe he'll only be fighting top opposition from now on, no tune-ups.
    I was thinking that there really isnt that many opportunities out there ATM as both Pavlik and Kessler are (very) longshots.

Given the fact that he looked for Pascals brother you can be quite sure the opponent will not be a high calibre one.

So I thought that a domestic opponent would make Financial sense so I threw out some possibilities.

Comment

He is currently in the Process of calling out kelly pavlik, after pavlik had called him out. This fight is very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        He is currently in the Process of calling out kelly pavlik, after pavlik had called him out. This fight is very likely.
        In Nottingham? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I was thinking that there really isnt that many opportunities out there ATM as both Pavlik and Kessler are (very) longshots.

Given the fact that he looked for Pascals brother you can be quite sure the opponent will not be a high calibre one.

So I thought that a domestic opponent would make Financial sense so I threw out some possibilities.
          The only domestic fighter that makes sense is Groves, but he's a little too green. Groves needs a couple solid opponents before he can get in there with a top-flight opponent.

Comment

In Nottingham? I think not.
            Pavlik said he will fight Froch anywhere, as long as it is on HBO or SHO. So yes, Nottingham is likely, and I see Pavlisk argument considering Kelly and Bute couldn't land Hbo or SHO, had to settle for Epix instead.

Comment

I agree, I think it's going to be a keep-busy fight with one eye on Bute and Kessler next year. I don't expect it to be a British opponent though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I agree, I think it's going to be a keep-busy fight with one eye on Bute and Kessler next year. I don't expect it to be a British opponent though.
                Why not? I would think it could generate some good money. Better money than an import of low quality.

Comment

I highly doubt it's George Groves.

Comment

Why not? I would think it could generate some good money. Better money than an import of low quality.
                    Just from what Froch has said earlier in the year post-Bute, i.e. he didn't think any of the British contenders were on that level yet. Maybe things have changed but I'm expecting an overseas name.

Comment

it is not george groves

Comment

Working...
                      X