Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali Vs Samuel Peter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali has had more controversy than defining great wins in his career.

Comment

• Is this a serious question? Peter is slower, less skilled and not as powerful as George Foreman yet we saw how Ali beat him even as an older fight. The best version of Ali would humiliate the best of big Sam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viti Ben-Wa View Post
        Is this a serious question? Peter is slower, less skilled and not as powerful as George Foreman yet we saw how Ali beat him even as an older fight. The best version of Ali would humiliate the best of big Sam.
        Sam Peter is not objectively slower than Foreman,

There is absolutely no evidence that Foreman hit harder than Peter except romantic fog talk. Peter was also a feared puncher.

Peter definitely has higher skills than "prime" Foreman who was at that stage the least skilled champ of all time.

The Ali was the best version, Younger Ali's would have been knocked out by Foreman and Peter both because they were too weak.

Ali never once humiliated any opponent as good as Peter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          No I credit him with Foreman and Shaver's, a win is a win. I wont change history, Liston quit and he dove, that's his problem, Foreman dropped either way and it cant be proved whatever, maybe he was just dumb! LOL

But we do have to give Shavers the fight, Shavers, an absolute bum, did beat him I reckon.
          I'm beginning to think Ali beat up Elroy's father or grandfather

Comment

• Elroy says Peter was a hard puncher, when he only has a 69% KO rate.

Peter also got outboxed by a fat James Toney, who was a former MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Elroy says Peter was a hard puncher, when he only has a 69% KO rate.

Peter also got outboxed by a fat James Toney, who was a former MW.
              I am not doubting that Toney was more skilled than Peter, any idiot can see that! But fact is, the total package that was Peter was still too much in the end for Toney's skills to surmount weren't they!

And 69% KOratio or not, what about his KO rate at his prime! Yeah, sure KO starts whole career still count too but, you have to look at what sort of opponents Peter's KO rate is rated against!

Turns out that Ali only boxed 32 times against real HW's, losing 4 of them (not even including Spinks in which as a HW he LOST to a CW) with the hefty 33% KO.

Not surprising that Sam would hit harder than pillow puncher Ali but Foreman is a different story of course, he indeed does have a high KO% but we must also remember...

Foreman.. Fought a much less quality of opponents (at his youth, the older Foreman fought a higher quality than Sam did), and although old Foreman fought HW's exclusive, the PRIME young version fought MORE THAN HALF CW's!

It is a no wonder that Foreman gets such credit in his youth for being a KO machine when most of his opponents he beat up on were cruiser bums!

Inbetween his 2 most famous prime KO's, Frazier and Norton, Foreman decided to stage a defence against one extremely qualified (not) Joe Roman.. Check this fight out... This is not a supreme thrashing machine.. This is just a big bully picking on undersized and mismatched opponent.

Samuel Peter would never be allowed to defend his title against an opponent as weak as that!

Todays champs are not allowed to fight CW's and are not allowed to fight bums to pad their record.

Comment

Working...
              X