Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine fighting with a broken orbital bone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxHustla View Post
    I had my left orbital bone broken playing football with no helmets...it hurts but after while it just numbs ur whole face..u dont feel ****..it doesnt effect ur vision...it is painful at 1st..very painful..but im sure after a round or 2..it went numb...and the refs kept puttiing fingers up..he could see..
    Yeah he could see, but the orbital bone wasn't the only thing going on. He had a gash on his face, 2 swollen eyes and a near concussion, with no chance of winning the fight..

stepped out there to die before losing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
      you cant imagine fighting period let alone a broken anything. you dont really feel too much pain in the ring but when the adrenline goes away thats when you feel the pain. ive fought with a broken and finished and won. i felt sharp pain when it happen but after that i felt nothing it wasnt until i got home i noticed the swelling and the fact i couldnt move it i knew something was wrong
      The adrenaline only lasts a few rounds, and you're still exhausted.

In a real fight the adrenaline will get you through until it's over or you're spent, but 12 rounds of boxing is different.

Especially when you're fighting Pacquiao, who's going to take everything out of you.

if you could imagine being anything like Margarito then maybe you'd be a more famous boxer than you currently are, and have a bigger fanbase than you currently do.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Marg said before the fight he was not going to quit and he didnt, even though nobody would have blame him if he did.Evryone at the bar gave it up to Margo for showing heart. shyte i was tired and worn out just watching that fight it was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
          The bone that's keeping your eye sockets together is fractured and you feel your face literally falling apart. What if the fracture was pushing microscopic bone fragments into your eyes and you could feel your actual eyeball moving around your head..

and you keep coming out every round, even though you can't see anymore.. and you're fighting manny pacquiao, who's gonna add 100 more power shots to the ones you've already taken.

that is just straight up ****ing hardcore..

And I just read in this article that the first thing margarito said after surgery is "when can I start running"

edit: here's the article

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5815003
          Can you imagine fighting against plaster for 11 rounds?....Stupid thread

Comment

The adrenaline only lasts a few rounds, and you're still exhausted.

In a real fight the adrenaline will get you through until it's over or you're spent, but 12 rounds of boxing is different.

Especially when you're fighting Pacquiao, who's going to take everything out of you.

if you could imagine being anything like Margarito then maybe you'd be a more famous boxer.
            LOL! How long have you been watching boxing? Broken orbital bone is more common in this sport..

Also, go to a boxing gym cause you're sounding like an idiot..

bwiset..

Comment

Big deal..As ppl have mentioned in this thread already,Paulie Malinaggi fought Cotto for 12 rounds with a fractured orbital bone and guess what,he never attempted to load his gloves for a fight. Hes more of a warrior to me than Margarito..

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                LOL! How long have you been watching boxing? Broken orbital bone is more common in this sport..

Also, go to a boxing gym cause you're sounding like an idiot..

bwiset..
                have you ever been to a boxing gym lol?

Why do I get the feeling that people who have never been to a boxing gym are telling me to go to a boxing gym? or have never gone past 5 rounds.

Comment

no big deal...i do it all the time

in fact, i break my own orbital bone BEFORE getting into a fight...im badass like that

Comment

have you ever been to a boxing gym lol?

Why do I get the feeling that people who have never been to a boxing gym are telling me to go to a boxing gym? or have never gone past 5 rounds.
                    Yep I did. Been doing it for the past 8 years.

Nonetheless, you're still sounding like an idiot with regards a broken orbital bone. It's pretty common in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                      Yep I did. Been doing it for the past 8 years.

Nonetheless, you're still sounding like an idiot with regards a broken orbital bone. It's pretty common in boxing.

yea...but imagine having a broken eye socket and getting hit 500 times by PAC

Comment

Working...
                      X