Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Any Division Had More Bums than Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Any Division Had More Bums than Heavyweight?

The Bum of the Month club started there and has piled up plenty of inductees since. Maybe it's because they've always had more coverage, but there have been tons of them. I don't see this changing either.

Gerald Washington, Tony Tubbs, Lionel Butler, PJ Goosen, Jimmy Thunder, John Ruiz. The list goes on and on...

The time or era of the Heavyweight division that had the most bums I have ever seen was from 2004 to 2014.

This is the Klitschko era where both brothers reigned over the division. During this time it had no depth, talent or competition.

It was the weakest the Heavyweight division had ever been. Nothing but bums surrounding the Klitschko's.

The Heavyweight division was so weak during that time that the division became an after thought. Eventually I forgot about the Heavyweight division until the likes of Wilder and Joshua started coming up.

This era and time period no question had the most bums in Heavyweight history.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      The time or era of the Heavyweight division that had the most bums I have ever seen was from 2004 to 2014.

This is the Klitschko era where both brothers reigned over the division. During this time it had no depth, talent or competition.

It was the weakest the Heavyweight division had ever been. Nothing but bums surrounding the Klitschko's.

The Heavyweight division was so weak during that time that the division became an after thought. Eventually I forgot about the Heavyweight division until the likes of Wilder and Joshua started coming up.

This era and time period no question had the most bums in Heavyweight history.
      Larry Holmes era, from 1978 until 1986 when Tyson won the heavyweight title was pretty weak as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Larry Holmes era, from 1978 until 1986 when Tyson won the heavyweight title was pretty weak as well.
        Yeah Larry Holmes era was bad. Lol, but I think even the Heavyweights they had during that time would be better than what we endured during the Klitschko era. You want to talk about a division almost becoming extinct, Yikes! Lol

Comment

Yeah Larry Holmes era was bad. Lol, but I think even the Heavyweights they had during that time would be better than what we endured during the Klitschko era. You want to talk about a division almost becoming extinct, Yikes! Lol
          Are you saying Chris Byrd and John Ruiz didn't bring the pain? Haha.

I don't know. It seems like every heavyweight era is filled with bums. The 70s was great to a point, but come on. Chuck Wepner? Leon Spinks? There were plenty of terrible fighters then. And the 90s had plenty of bums as well. Larry Donald. Herbie Hyde. Henry Akinwande. Lou Savarese. I mean, it's very easy to name a large number in any era.

Comment

I'd say it is debatable, the best win on Holmes resume was Gerry Cooney. A lot of fighters in the Klitschko era came from over seas so it made it even less relevant to Americans.

But I give credit where credit is due, we think of these eras as weak and not rightfully that Holmes and Klitschko were just so thoroughly dominant. Wladimir Klitschko fought 8 fighters with undefeated records during his reign and Larry Holmes outclassed all of his opposition.
            Last edited by Enayze; 05-17-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Are you saying Chris Byrd and John Ruiz didn't bring the pain? Haha.

I don't know. It seems like every heavyweight era is filled with bums. The 70s was great to a point, but come on. Chuck Wepner? Leon Spinks? There were plenty of terrible fighters then. And the 90s had plenty of bums as well. Larry Donald. Herbie Hyde. Henry Akinwande. Lou Savarese. I mean, it's very easy to name a large number in any era.

True a bunch of bums in every era, but dang The Klitschko era had the most bums. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                I'd say it is debatable, the best win on Holmes resume was Gerry Cooney. A lot of fighters in the Klitschko era came from over seas so it made it even less relevant to Americans.

But I give credit where credit is due, we think of these eras as weak and not rightfully that Holmes and Klitschko were just so thoroughly dominant. Wladimir Klitschko fought 8 fighters with undefeated records during his reign and Larry Holmes outclassed all of his opposition.

Well in all my years watching the Heavyweights. From what I've seen. The Klitschko era was the worst in the Heavyweight era in terms of lack of depth, competition and talent.

From my point of view in watching the Heavyweights for many, many years.

Comment

Working...
                X