Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Cano Surprised Me, I Felt Better at 135 - Hard To Make It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Linares: Cano Surprised Me, I Felt Better at 135 - Hard To Make It

Hulu Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York City - Chief support saw Pablo Cesar Cano demolish 3 weight World Champion Jorge Linares in round one, sending the South American Superstar to the canvas three times before the referee jumped in to save Linares from a probable fourth knockdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fact that Linares weighed 136 in his first fight at 140 showed he probably couldn’t make that weight well enough haha. I remember seeing that (the Cotto fight) and thinking “did he forget he moved up?”

Comment

linares still beats that bum(crolla) that is wba mandatory to lomachenko though..perhaps he should get a nutrionist and move back down or just pull the plug on his career

Comment

Linares needs to move back down to 135.. weighing in at 136 for a 140 fight makes absolutely zero sense.. change your diet a bit and go back to 135... CANO may just be finally taking off two big upsets back to back for him now, he took alot of hard fights earlier in his career, he may finally be putting it all together at right weight, there are no dominant fighters @ 140, he would give anyone a problem including Hooker, Prograis, & Ramirez.

Comment

Linares weighed 136 for a 140 lbs fight? Wtf is going on? First Uzcategui, now Linares. It doesnt even make sense, at all. It's not like Linares walks around at 135 lbs. Even when he fought at 135, he was coming down from I'm sure SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 140. So why not just only come down to 140? Why cut 4 extra lbs? So basically this was a lightweight, weighing in at lightweight, vs a big jr welter. No wonder this happened.

Comment

Love to be a fly on the wall during Linares camp wtf happened.

Comment

Yeah no ****

Comment

Why TF did Oscar put Linares in with a welterweight lmao ?! Very stupid matchmaking...didn't Linares weigh in at 136 or something for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Why TF did Oscar put Linares in with a welterweight lmao ?! Very stupid matchmaking...didn't Linares weigh in at 136 or something for this fight?
                  Yep welterweight vs a lightweight.

Comment

Linares said he struggled to get down to 135 for Lomachenko, and that at age 33, getting down to 135 was more of an issue. Yet he comes in at 137 then 136 for two fights at 140 ? Arum thought he was probably 150-155 on the night vs Loma (yeah I know, Arum talks BS, but he was likely well north of 140 on fight night vs Loma).

Sounds like Linares is a bit lost, stating weight as a contributing issue for losses at both 135 and 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X