Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Deal With DAZN is 11 Fights, $365 Million Guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather purses were always over inflated what he generated and what he took home are two different things. Fair play to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      My posting history is clear; I never had any illusion of Alvarez fighting on Showtime because Oscar was going to package the rest of his fighters with Alvarez and Showtime was never going to go for that.

I figured that DAZN would end up with the deal; just assumed that Eddie Hearn would pay Alvarez a deal worth $25m per fight, guaranteed through however long it took for the $1b, backloaded, DAZN deal to be fully guaranteed.

Canelo/Oscar cut out the middleman, so now it looks like Hearn is ****ed on his deal after year 2.

Will have to see how these other fights play out, tbh. Derevyanchenko has the vacant title fight with Jacobs, and Jermall Charlo is still mandatory challenger (with Showtime more than positioned to deliver a a PPV event to cover a possible Alvarez vs Charlo $50m bid)
      How all that hating work for you?? 🤣
      Thought you said Golden Boy promotions was dead??
      Told you you're just a hater! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        It’s really REALLY weird that more people are hopping on Hearn’s nuts and bigging him up instead of the boxer who just got paid...
        I detect animosity in your words . Hasn’t 95% of the forum including yourself been campaigning for Dazn to fail. There are endless posts by you predicting failure.( I can show you if you suffer from psychogenic amnesia) This news illustrates that Dazn are not playing around. They have the two biggest fighters in boxing.

What’s weird is that you chose to comment on posters feelings towards the news instead of giving us your own feelings on how this news has affected you mentally

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
          It’s a reasonable question, everyone in here is saying great signing for Eddie, which is why I made my first statement.

Then after checking boxing news, it’s not mentioned that it’s a Matchroom signing.

So how are my two posts funny? They don’t contradict each other. Why are you so confused?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Kinda weird but why is DAZN mentioning the signing but no word from Matchroom? Oscar said he was going to go past Eddie and deal with DAZN directly, and everyone on here said that wasn’t allowed.

Any clarity on the situation?
            Yea, everyone who said someone has to go through Eddie Hearn to make a deal with DAZN is an idiot. Why the heck would GB have to go through Hearn??? Do you realize hbo had contracts with TR, GB, and Main Events? None of them ever had to go through each other. That is ******ed. The promoters deal with the networks. Hearn does not own DAZN.

Did Arum have to go through Oscar and GB to get his deal with espn? I mean, GB and espn already had a deal together. And before TR, espn also had a deal with PBC, alongside of their deal with GB.

Promoters make deals with networks, to pay for and televise the fights. Promoters go through other promoters to make fights with someone with a rival promoter. Haymon doesn't own Showtime, Arum doesn't own espn, and Hearn doesn't own DAZN. Hearn's deal with DAZN is for DAZN to pay so much and for Matchroom to put on so many fights and cards. There is nothing in the deal that gives Hearn the authority to dictate what DAZN airs or DAZN's schedule or contracts with other organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              I detect animosity in your words . Hasn’t 95% of the forum including yourself been campaigning for Dazn to fail. There are endless posts by you predicting failure.( I can show you if you suffer from psychogenic amnesia) This news illustrates that Dazn are not playing around. They have the two biggest fighters in boxing.

What’s weird is that you chose to comment on posters feelings towards the news instead of giving us your own feelings on how this news has affected you mentally
              Go through my post history if you have nothing better to do. I have DAZN, bought it when it first launched for a year. Got it for the WBSS. I’ve made no secret about that. The fact that I subscribed for a year says that I DONT want it to fail.

Doesn’t affect me one way or another. Sure seems to be affecting you though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                It was a desperate move that will lose him millions. I just want to see good fights and Canelo has no one to fight anymore. This is what he wants of.course.

Yeah no good fights. Two top middleweights with Eddie, all the top super middles can fight on DAZN and GGG free on the market and J Charlo a free agent.

No options at all.

Pure desperation

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                  Yea, everyone who said someone has to go through Eddie Hearn to make a deal with DAZN is an idiot. Why the heck would GB have to go through Hearn??? Do you realize hbo had contracts with TR, GB, and Main Events? None of them ever had to go through each other. That is ******ed. The promoters deal with the networks. Hearn does not own DAZN.

Did Arum have to go through Oscar and GB to get his deal with espn? I mean, GB and espn already had a deal together. And before TR, espn also had a deal with PBC, alongside of their deal with GB.

Promoters make deals with networks, to pay for and televise the fights. Promoters go through other promoters to make fights with someone with a rival promoter. Haymon doesn't own Showtime, Arum doesn't own espn, and Hearn doesn't own DAZN. Hearn's deal with DAZN is for DAZN to pay so much and for Matchroom to put on so many fights and cards. There is nothing in the deal that gives Hearn the authority to dictate what DAZN airs or DAZN's schedule or contracts with other organizations.
                  Eddie Hearn is the head of boxing on DAZN. So yes they do.

Co-promotional deal, similar to Lou Dibella.

Only option for GBP really.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8RightHand View Post
                    I really hope that Canelo saw "big picture" for this deal and demanded a percentage of royalties from Golden Boy for all those shows Golden Boy picked up to be featured on DAZN. Golden Boy definitely used him as the vessel to formulate the deal and I hope (but doubt) that Oscar made sure to pay Canelo his worth since it was a major complaint of Oscar's when he left Bob Arum. $365M will be pennies compared to what Golden Boy will make as a whole in all those shows throughout the large DAZN deal. I would want a small percentage.

lmao, 365million is not pennies.

Golden boy was making 4-8 million profit a year just a few years ago. They arent a publically traded company, so there isnt much legit information out there on them.

But they are only taking a percentage of purses, where the fighter gets the most. They arent nearly as huge as you think.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/1...ce-boxing-news

Here are some legit examples, released in court:

Alvarez-Khan generated revenue of $27,707,448 and was Golden Boy’s most profitable fight of 2016. Khan made $6 million and Alvarez made $13,309,664 (80% of the net profits) while Golden Boy made net profits of $3,327,415.88.

And most boxers on Golden Boy’s roster are money losers. In the first half of 2016, Golden Boy earned negative net income on 142 of 155 boxers (91.6%). Only 13 of 155 boxers (8.4%) made Golden Boy positive net income.

Canelo accounted for 94% of Golden Boy’s income from boxing operations in 2015 and 107% in the first half of 2016,

In 2014, even though Floyd Mayweather had a fight under the Golden Boy banner, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was the promotion’s most profitable fighter. By Deetz’s calculations, Canelo brought in $21,266,606 in total revenue compared to $52,934,945 for Mayweather. But Canelo’s fighter and other expenses were $14,012,597 and $4,196,686, respectively, while Mayweather’s were substantially higher at $35,192,616 and $15,525,427. At the end of the day, Golden Boy earned $3,057,323 in income off Canelo compared to $2,216,902 from Mayweather.

Comment

That’s insane money ! Geez that’s next level type of money

Comment

Working...
                      X