Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Why You Need The Electoral College

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How odd of a thread this is. You do realize.................the states in grey.................have people too? The electoral college is an antiquated system for an antiquated time. Majority moves on now dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Change in voting patterns has nothing to do with electoral college.

Only reason the left wants it abolished is so they can run everything just by SoCal alone. Hence why they don’t want borders, don’t want voter ID, etc
      Red - Where did you see me disagree with that?

Blue - it does have to do with it. if more liberals move to Texas and outvote the Republicans then Texas electoral college votes will go to the liberal candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Nope

Popular vote just makes more sense. More votes wins. We don't get why this is controversial.
        To you it does. Then NY and California will always decide the election.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
          Come on now. When virtually every media outlet claimed Hillary would win in a landslide, they clearly meant the popular vote right? That's the only explanation for them wanting to abolish the Electoral College after Trump won.
          Exactly, if it was the other way around they would be defending the Electoral College.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            To you it does. Then NY and California will always decide the election.
            Again, I understand that this is a popular talking point but it is objectively invalid.

But would that be the outcome? Lets look at the numbers:

NY and CA had 84 electoral college votes of 538, or 15.61% of the total that were guaranteed Democratic. Republicans got 0% from these two states under this system.

By popular vote, CA & NY totaled 13,309,912 Dem and 7,303,344 Republican votes. By this system, Dems get 10.33% and Republicans get 5.67% of the total national vote from these two states.

This shows that the prior system actually offers NY & CA more power to push the election towards the Democratic party than the latter.

Comment

Again, I understand that this is a popular talking point but it is objectively invalid.
              Good break down, Professor.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Good break down, Professor.
                1bad put me back on ignore after that comment Didn't even realize until I clicked one of his threads

Comment

1bad put me back on ignore after that comment Didn't even realize until I clicked one of his threads
                  My bad, I forgot to take you off.

Should be done now.

My apologies on that.

(Fyi, I dont put folks on ignore for citing sourced facts/figures. I actually like it when people do that.)
                  Last edited by 1bad65; 01-15-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    My bad, I forgot to take you off.

Should be done now.

My apologies on that.

(Fyi, I dont put folks on ignore for citing sourced facts/figures. I actually like it when people do that.)
                    Got it, thanks for clarifying

Comment

Yes get rid of the electoral college. You think EVERY person voting in CA and NY votes Democrats?

IMHO, the entire system needs to be revamped. I’m talking complete overhaul. This country sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X