No announcement yet.

Concept Of NELO Beating GGG Boosts Mayweather's Legacy?! WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    You guys know I'm one of the most objective here. And I am big supporter for May vs Mac.. I also said anything 155+

But Floyd beat Oscar at 154 as well as Cotto. Then Floyd fights Alvarez at 152? Why didn't Floyd bluff and say "I don't need 152, I'll still beat his ass at 154.."

Unfortunately because Bernard was great imo and kept going and eventually fighting softer in his decline like Floyd, with power, I'm just gonna say Alvarez now beats Floyd...

My point is Nelo vs GGG has nothing to do with Floyd and it doesn't boost Floyd's legacy. Floyd's legacy alone supersedes Nelo and GGG combined.
    Nelo weighed in at 153 his previous couple fights, so we're talking 1 pound, it had zero physical effects, but it was done to have a mental effect. Once the fight started though, Canelo knew he was in with the wrong fighter for him.

Canelo will struggle with guys who can move, if Mayweather can still move he would be favored to beat Canelo, we'll see how Floyd moves next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Alvarez was prime at 23? Hell no. Prime was when he was 27 schooling Hamed (Barrera) ... didn't Alvarez just turn 27?
      Prime is defined solely by when an athlete is at the peak of his ability. And Canelo peaked a long time ago.

Seriously age is just a number. Some people think Floyd was still in his prime in his mid to late 30's even though most boxers are washed up by then.

Comment

I've yet to see any signs of this Canelo improvement the media and his fans keep talking about. He was "too green" vs Floyd, but his last seven fights were against Angulo, Lara, Kirkland, Cotto, Khan, Smith, and Chávez Jr. He's faced some soft competition, yet none of them made me think: "ya know what? I think he's ready for Floyd." Those fights just convinced me that he's plateaued as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
          Prime is defined solely by when an athlete is at the peak of his ability. And Canelo peaked a long time ago.

Seriously age is just a number. Some people think Floyd was still in his prime in his mid to late 30's even though most boxers are washed up by then.
          Canelo peaked at 23? Don't forget that peaks aren't exclusive to fighters who haven't or have taken damage. The Cotto performance, Smith, to Chavez Jr. performances is some of the best seen from Alvarez. Peak of Alvarez at 23 is to say that Alvarez was strictly designed for Super Welterweight? If people are saying Alvarez has been draining and stressing his body to 154 at the age of 25 capped, how can anyone not consider his performance at 160?

I think you don't want to acknowledge that if Alvarez is beats Golovkin this September it wouldn't be his peak... if Alvarez goes unbeaten for the next 5-7 years are you still going to say his peak was at 23 or before that when nobody's forcing Nelo to eventually bang out at 168. 168 from 160 his a huge leap

Comment

At the end of the day canelo is simply not that great and adverage at best, he is not a Chavez snr or any other Mexican great, so him getting schooled by may was not a surprise and why wouldnt may school canelo, canelo is adverage with $h!t stamina who can't cut the ring off and can't fight Mexican style, which is what he needed against may.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
              At the end of the day canelo is simply not that great and adverage at best, he is not a Chavez snr or any other Mexican great, so him getting schooled by may was not a surprise and why wouldnt may school canelo, canelo is adverage with $h!t stamina who can't cut the ring off and can't fight Mexican style, which is what he needed against may.
              I wouldn't say he's average, he's a good fighter, but he'll never be an ATG. He doesn't have it in him

Comment

If there was a rematch soon after I think Mayweather would have won the same way. Sorry, bro, but Mayweather is on a different level and just a better fighter than GGG and Canelo. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                  Floyd knows how to roll with punches, even the hard ones. When you roll with a punch your reducing the power of the attack. Many fighters not being able to roll with a punch at 154 against Alvarez would find themselves hurt.. Look at Josesito Lopez. Who's the more naturally bigger fighter, Lopez or Floyd? The shots that Lopez on the ropes with no rolling defense like a master in Floyd. That's not "schooling" that's fortitude at the highest caliber.

Form the way you're illustrating, I'm gonna guess you're worried about GGG come September.

Didn't Floyd "school" Marquez? Why didn't you bring up Marquez when he's considered an ATG Mexican fighter? He's done a Lineal and KO'd PAC da fug out...

Floyd beat a 36 year old Marquez.
                  Floyd beat a 28 year old Castillo twice
                  Floyd beat a 38 year old Hernandez

The best of Alvarez is yet to come and he just turned 27. When he beats GGG people will forget the May vs Nelo bout.
                  Last edited by Lester Tutor; 07-19-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
                    I wouldn't say he's average, he's a good fighter, but he'll never be an ATG. He doesn't have it in him
                    So when he beats Golovkin welcome to the club, and the years ahead of him. Let's just say, if Alvarez gets all the belts to be Undisputed in 2018 or in December.. depending on the damage in Sept. and fight BJS... you're saying 2017 didn't put Alvarez on a stepping stone for better things to come as a Mexican fighter? Alvarez may not be ATG in general, but he'll most likely go as an ATG in Mexican fighters. How often are the SMW-MW Mexican fighters?

Comment

I can tell a lot of you are new Boxing fans. Canelo offered the fight to Mayweather at 150. They ended up fighting two pounds over the suggested catch weight. You want proof?. Look at Floyd vs Canelo 24/7 series where Floyd uses an article from non other than BOXING SCENE.

Was Canelo green? At 21/22 of course. Was he weak? Hell no. He just got schooled.

Comment

Working...
                      X