No announcement yet.

The WBC belt MUST be kept away from the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Arthur Abraham gets to make money in Germany with his 168 lb belt even though everyone knows that Andre Ward is the REAL champion and the best super middleweight on the planet.

Why can't Stiverne do the same with the WBC belt?
    don't cry like a girl when you get what you asked for..what makes you think King will allow him to fight anyone with a pulse now that one of his fighters hold a belt

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
      don't cry like a girl when you get what you asked for..what makes you think King will allow him to fight anyone with a pulse now that one of his fighters hold a belt
      Answer the question. Why is it ok for Abraham and Stieglitz to make money off that belt, but it's not ok for Stiverne?
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-12-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Answer the question. Why is it ok for Abraham and Stieglitz to make money of that belt, but it's not ok for Stiverne?
        I answered by letting you know not to cry like a girl when you get what you asked for...I don't give a damm if he fights 5win-23loss opponent's to remain the champion until he retires I won't be watching anyways

Comment

Everybody knows that Klitschko is the best heavyweight. If Stiverne takes an optional defense or decides to milk his belt a little it's not going to change that.

Comment

Answer the question. Why is it ok for Abraham and Stieglitz to make money off that belt, but it's not ok for Stiverne?
            Where are the threads demanding that Abraham keep the belt away from boring Ward though?

Acknowledging something happens and praying for it to happen are kind of different

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              We need an American Heavyweight Champion.

BommmmbbbbbSquaaaaaaadddddd!!!!!!!
              GlllllaaaaaaaaaasssssssChhhhhhiiiiiinnnnn

Comment

I agree with the thread title, but not for the reasons OP gave.

I think the entire concept of "undisputed champion" is overrated. Having an undisputed champ may be great for hardcore fans and boxing purists, but not for the fighters or the sport's global popularity.

Let me explain it with a theoretical example. A French guy of Turkish descent holds a belt at LHW. So does a US guy. They fight in their respective hometowns and earn good money. Their fans are happy because the have a "world champion" to be proud of and they get to watch boxing live on TV or even attend the fights live.

Then the two guys fight, and US guy wins, taking away French guy's belt. This turns off a LOT of his French and Turkish (and other European) fans. And do you think they automatically become the US guy's fans and stay up until 4 AM to watch his fights (provided the fights are even in Europe in the first place)? No, a lot (or most) of them just lose interest in boxing. French guy goes on to fight for much less money. You can argue that being a unified champ will make US guy more popular, but that's often not the case (just ask Andre Ward). And for other contenders, it will be that much harder to get their hands on a belt and build a fanbase.

So who benefits from having a unified champ in this case? Hardcore fans like us who obsess over having 1 champ per division, and, to an extent, US guy. But for other fighters and for boxing's global popularity it's actually harmful.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  GlllllaaaaaaaaaasssssssChhhhhhiiiiiinnnnn
                  Klitschko has a glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                    I understand you guys want a black american champion for personal self esteem reasons but doesn't knowing there's another guy out there who is the actual champion you're begging to protect him from kind of defeat the whole point? It's like being the big badass tough guy in a senior bingo hall.
                    To be honest, I think Stiverne beats all the black american heavyweights.

No need to unify imo, just means less big fights and more risk avoidance.

4 titles is enough for Wlad, he's the man at HW, let him go do his thing. Leave the WBC belt for the fans who want to see entertaining HW match-ups.

Comment

So now we're just going to say, hey.... Klit is the best, no point in fighting. Let his belt and milk it. People call out people like Chris John, Braehmer and others... but then they're like, it's okay here

lol, that shiit isn't okay.

Comment

Working...
                      X