Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Froch will kill this guy.

On a side note.

I know Froch have fans because of his toughness and his willingness to fight anyone.

I can't help but think a lot of the Americans like him because Ward already beat him.

It's a logical conclusion..... Froch is GREAT FROCH IS A BEAST FROCH IS A WARRIOR (but y'all know Ward already beat him so Ward is > than everything we said about Froch)

I bet if Ward and Froch never fought.. a lot of the 'opinions' will be different.

American boxing fans in general feel threatened by Calzaghe and Lewis... but love the tough boys like Froch because they know their own 'slick' boxers can stand a chance.
    Lewis and Calzaghe ran through their best like knife through butter.

That has to be one of the best posts I've read on any forum Skittlez, couldn't agree more with you on that mate. I've noticed a lot of hate for Calzaghe and Lewis, compared to the love for Froch and Hatton, and what you said makes complete sense

Comment

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
      That has to be one of the best posts I've read on any forum Skittlez, couldn't agree more with you on that mate. I've noticed a lot of hate for Calzaghe and Lewis, compared to the love for Froch and Hatton, and what you said makes complete sense
      it couldn't be the ten year period of soft opponents, the ducking prime opponents, the slap stoppages, the comical excuses(scared of flying), the lies(roy jones is too shot to fight), or anything else of substance. it's because he's too damn good and not American! SD over hopkins even when he could barely hit him and kept getting hit in the face! amazing! getting floored by the ghost of roy jones jr! what heart! destroying peter manfredo, tocker pudwill and jeff lacy! america's best! simply too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Whats embarrassing about it? Froch-Kessler is the fight people want to see, and the IBF is trying to push this fight down our throats
        I was merely making the point, Hearn commenting publicly his guy would face Stevenson, is made slightly embarrassing for him when his fighter then comes out and says no I won't, I'll face Kessler.

I agree the Kessler fight is the right fight, fair do's to Froch!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
          I was merely making the point, Hearn commenting publicly his guy would face Stevenson, is made slightly embarrassing for him when his fighter then comes out and says no I won't, I'll face Kessler.

I agree the Kessler fight is the right fight, fair do's to Froch!
          Hasn't SKY said that this fight might validate a return to PPV?

If so it could be the sharing of this extra revenue that is the dealbreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            it couldn't be the ten year period of soft opponents, the ducking prime opponents, the slap stoppages, the comical excuses(scared of flying), the lies(roy jones is too shot to fight), or anything else of substance. it's because he's too damn good and not American! SD over hopkins even when he could barely hit him and kept getting hit in the face! amazing! getting floored by the ghost of roy jones jr! what heart! destroying peter manfredo, tocker pudwill and jeff lacy! america's best! simply too good.

I have to say that made me laugh! Some of that is valid criticism, some of it is just pure hate. Take a deep breath and let it all go, Calzaghe retired years ago, boxing is still going
            Last edited by Saint G Groves; 01-06-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Hasn't SKY said that this fight might validate a return to PPV?

If so it could be the sharing of this extra revenue that is the dealbreaker.
              That makes sense....I've been wondering about what the problem suddenly could be. Just a week ago, it seemed the fight was only two signatures away.... anyway, todays paper has Froch quoted for saying Froch-Kessler II is set for May. And the venue will be either O2 Arena or Wembley Arena..... both in London..... Hopefully this coming week will bring hard facts
              Last edited by askoe; 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Froch will *****slap Kessler around the ring. Kessler is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
                  Froch will *****slap Kessler around the ring. Kessler is done.
                  Froch will not be stronger and fitter than the last time they met, just older and slower....beating a shot Bute does not make the Cobra more poisonous...

Comment

Typical Froch using the IBF Belt as his own toy thing, he had his mandatory in November why should the no1 contender keep stepping aside because Froch has his own agenda he lost to Kessler get over it - all boxers know when fighting for a belt they have to fight the No1 in a certain time frame- do your duty and if not vacate you waste of space. Froch will lose to Kessler, Ward and Oosthuizen because these are gifted fighters as Froch keeps his hands too low and is always exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
                      Froch will not be stronger and fitter than the last time they met, just older and slower....beating a shot Bute does not make the Cobra more poisonous...
                      Froch has improved since the first with Mikkel, in a number of ways.

Also, Mikkel wont be stronger or fitter either. He has been dropped since that fight though. I expect another tremendous fight, but I've got Froch this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X