Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Miguel Vasquez vs. Ricky Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    If these are two of the top lightweights broner should just move up to 140 now. Waste of time here.

135 is so terrible.
    Then everyone will say he ducked them. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Since Burns doesn't want any part of Broner how about if he faces Titere?
      Everyone should just forget about Burns. His promoter is going to protect him and keep him there just like they did with Calz. That's the feeling I get. Promoters now days are f**king up this sport. Can't blame the fighters any more.

Comment

Vazquez is too good, too slick for this bum. Hell do him as he did over hyped gesta or whatever his name was.

Comment

Would Burns come over to the US to fight Vasquez? Or would Vasquez have to travel to Scotland or the UK?

Comment

If Broner/Burns can't happen, then the next best match-up is Burns/Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
              Then everyone will say he ducked them. lol
              yeah like the thirteen people who know who Vazquez & Burns are. In the long run it won't matter as Vazquez & Burns aren't going to become great fighters. Plus, bigger & better fights at 140.

I understand though if Broner stays at 135 for a while, since he's so young and there is no rush to 140. But honestly the only guy who I personally think can give Broner some problems stylistically is Abril. But I guess Abril will be fighting Sharif Bogere next.

Comment

How about Vazquez vs broner?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Would Burns come over to the US to fight Vasquez? Or would Vasquez have to travel to Scotland or the UK?
                  I think the answer is obvious, Mr Roll.

Burns v Vazquez would have maybe a 1,000 crowd in the US, if that. As skilled as Miguel is he doesn't yet appeal to the general Mexican fan - let alone American. And Burns fans won't travel.

Contrary to what other posters said (the superstar worshipers) I think Lightweight has some intriguing bouts. Vazquez, Burns, Abril (if he gets past Bogere), Shavikov, DeMarco & the winner of the Williams Molina bout means there could be lots of evenly matched battles.

It doesn't matter if they're not superstars. Neither Gatti nor Ward were at the top of the game when they fought.

Real boxing fans don't need marquee names to look forward to bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    How about Vazquez vs broner?
                    Go ahead and make a thread about that if you like. I'd prefer to keep this one focused on Vasquez vs. Burns.

As for Abril....Broner was looking at him as an option after Burns turned him down. But he already had a fight with Bogere in the works. The winner of Abril-Bogere is a top lightweight for sure though.

Lots of good fights that can be made between all these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                      I think the answer is obvious, Mr Roll.

Burns v Vazquez would have maybe a 1,000 crowd in the US, if that. As skilled as Miguel is he doesn't yet appeal to the general Mexican fan - let alone American. And Burns fans won't travel.

Contrary to what other posters said (the superstar worshipers) I think Lightweight has some intriguing bouts. Vazquez, Burns, Abril (if he gets past Bogere), Shavikov, DeMarco & the winner of the Williams Molina bout means there could be lots of evenly matched battles.

It doesn't matter if they're not superstars. Neither Gatti nor Ward were at the top of the game when they fought.

Real boxing fans don't need marquee names to look forward to bouts.
                      It's not about the names bro the division is seriously weak and lacks skill. If DeMarco was the #1 fighter in the division when broner fought him that's all you need to know. I've watched all of these guys and no one stands out as a very good fighter. Yes, there could be some evenly matched fights amongst them since they are all average fighters.

I like Abril though and the Bogere fight should tell us a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X