Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Danny Garcia beat Brandon Rios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Danny Garcia beat Brandon Rios?

Now I don't rate Rios very highly but he has all the attributes to beat Garcia to a pulp. He's got a great chin, good power, good work rate and strong determination. You're not gonna keep him off of you with single punches unless you're the next Tito Trinidad. Garcia's defense is leaky and he's flat-footed. Against Rios he would do his usual stuff (throw a big shot, wait, wait, wait, throw another big shot) while Rios would be on top of him non stop. Rios would eat some bombs don't get me wrong, but I think he would just smile and keep coming. This would not end well for Garcia, I see him getting stopped unless he clinches every 10 seconds.

Garcia

Comment

They key would be a lot of foot movement. Stay mid range or on the outside. Also setting up his shots, but don't clinch or try to fight on the inside. Rios is clearly the more dangerous fighter there.

Comment

By nailing him on the chin with a brutal as fuck left hook ala Khan and Morales

Comment

he wouldnt.......

Comment

I think Danny can beat Rios. I'd actually favor him. Danny does have talent & is a very good counter puncher. If he moves & counters Rios all night, he'd probably soundly beat the guy.

Comment

let me plays devils advocate here.

He will box him, oh wait never mind.

He will out work him, Oh wait never mind.

He will use his combination punches to deter him from coming in, oh wait never mind.

He will shoot a power left hook wait and wait then fire again and again then he will quit in the 10th round.

Comment

by showing up

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                  By nailing him on the chin with a brutal as fuck left hook ala Khan and Morales
                  That's Khan and Morales. Rios would eat that hook, at least for the first half of the fight if not the entire fight.

I could see Rios doing a serious number on Garcia. Garcia has exceptional timing, and is otherwise average. He doesn't move that well, he doesn't have good defense, he doesn't fight well inside, he looks great when he's at mid range and countering and that's all. Rios could get inside and manhandle him.

Comment

I Don't think he can.He doesnt have the foot movement to really outbox rios. If he tries to out bang rios, thats playing into rios style. And throwing a Hail mary hook every now and then isnt gonna work with everyone. Anyone with a good chin and a little pop can beat Danny.

Comment

Working...
                    X