Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Bute Keep Circling To His Left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had no choice he was not in control and on defense the attacking fighter is coming onto your right hand .

Comment

Because it's become a habit...

Bute's moved to his left constantly in past fights without his opponents being able to take advantage, he's thrived doing it (30-1 on the world level is not a fluke (he knocked out Andrade moving to his left by being at just the right distance to lure Librado into throwing the right and him being in position to avoid the brunt of the shot and still land that heavy counter left))).

After 1000s of hours of training and fighting, it's probably second nature and, after his numerous KO's with the counter left, purposeful at times. It's just that, not only did it not work to his advantage against Froch, but it worked to his disadvantage and he didn't adjust. Froch's style, right hand punch angles, and range, had just as much to do with it as his caliber.

Sergio does the same ***** (to the same point or more so than Bute), but no one has been able to take advantage of it enough to beat him. There's going to be a time where he's going to have to adjust to win, but that time hasn't come and that's due to the his talent and the styles of his opponent more so than the caliber of opposition.

Comment

I think he would have been hurt by Froch's punches, regardless of were he turned. Dirrell didn't run like a hoe all night for nothing, despite beating Froch (in my eyes).

Comment

As a southpaw, myself, it should be noted that different angles set up different punches.

Stepping to his right against a conventional fighter will place his opponent within his power BUT stepping to his left gives him the opportunity to catch his opponent squared up if they are not constantly adjusting to his positioning.

Catching an opponent squared up makes it easier to land every punch in the book including the right hook, which is the other money punch for southpaws.

If you're stepping to your right, the jab and left hand are easy to land but the right hook has to be sent at a more difficult angle over the opponent's shoulder. The top left hand fighters often turn the right hook into more of a straight punch (pacquiao/ martinez), leave their feet to land it which puts them out of position to throw another punch with any leverage or both.

The first mistake Bute made was letting Froch back him up. That is when the fight was decided. The better boxer with the better hand-speed should keep the fight in the center of the ring where he has enough space to make his opponent have to find him.

Everyone and their mother could have found him on those ropes.

Comment

He circles to his left to set up his uppercuts IMO. He's willing to risk getting hit by his opponents right hands because of his belief in his power in his left hand. It was going to work against him sooner or later and it did against Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              A southpaw is always suppose to circle to his right agaisnt a righty. If he does that then Froch wouldve had a much harder time. Watch Sweet Pea. Bute, like Zab always ends up coming back to his left and he walks right into Froch's power hand. It makes no sense. It was like he was walking right into shots.

I cant believe that so many pro fighters & trainers fall into this trap. Even Berto's idiot trainer. Berto is a righty who has fought a ton of Southpaws and looks vulnerable against them every single time, mostly because his trainer has him going the opposite way.

If they face a Southpaw with a good right hook, the trainer tells Berto to go right even though its not a natural movement. This is why Berto looks like crap and always just throws a shot and then falls in & grabs his opponent because he's out of position.

I even heard Pea talk about Zab before he trained him. He talked about Zab always going the wrong way. Pea said that as great of a fighter as he was, he couldnt even get away with that. If Bute just stays circling right then its a much tougher fight for Froch. He has to cutoff the ring then and it will be still hard to land like he wants.

Instead it was like Bute was helping him out. He didnt have to cutoff the ring. Infact, Bute always came right where he wanted him to. If he goes right then Froch has to reach for him but instead Bute walks right into his strong hand. I dont get it but he'll learn, I guess
              Why did Bute pick a style like the Philly Shell but doesn't use over/under punches effectively or duck and slip punches like other masters of the style. He has to reinvent himself to a text-box boxing style and take advantage of his height which he gave up against Froch. Journeyman Glen Johnson was tailor-made for him, but someone who would take advantage of space like Froch could time his assault when Bute's had holes in his defense.

Comment

when its southpaw vs orthodox you're battling for the inside foot. hence why he kept circling to his left
                Last edited by Ring Leader; 05-28-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Bute showed so many signs of NOT being a ELITE world class fighter....dude got undressed and his vagina got exposed...thats all to it!!!...he did so many things wrong....he followed a puncher around the ring...smh...he fought like a cat who need to be rocking head gear and not like a dude who gets paid to do this....I never saw what dudes was saying about Bute before Froch spanked him....I knew Froch was gonna body him....just didn't think he was gonna get him so early

Comment

It is not as simple as ''circle to the right'', generally speaking it allows them to land the left and slip to the outside, you could argue that when he was hurt he should have taken that approach however in the opening rounds he more than likely wanted to dig in and put his punches together.

Another thing to consider is the fact that if you're constantly trying to circle to your opponents right, he can either bait you into moving into the corner or ropes, or try to move to his left (Boring fight).

Most important thing to consider is the fact that he got hurt, maintaining ring generalship when you're under pressure is difficult enough, when hurtful punches are coming your way focus on positioning at the same time can be like patting your head and rubbing your stomach. On top of that he had his bell rang every round, one point he had difficulty going to his own corners, those things diminish a fighters awareness meaning he more than likely didn't know he was in the palm of Froch's hand.

Comment

The outcome would not have been any different. He came to the fight with the wrong game plan to begin with. He didn't show anything during that fight that makes him elite whatsoever. Glad that hype train was finally exposed though, justifies me calling him a protected fighter in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X