No announcement yet.

Rios needs to go to 140 vs Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    I think there's a reason he drains himself and its because his main attributes are his size, chin, and power. All of those things will be effected once he moves to 140. He could possibly go from world class to ordinary with a simple jump in weight.

I say he stays at 135 until he loses or misses weight.
    Exactly, peeople simply fail to realize this

Rios style is to overpower and break fighters down and he needs size advantages

ANY increase in weight means the guys will be bigger stronger and able to take more damage meaning it will be harder to overpower And break them down

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Would like to see rios fight the guerrero-maidana winner.
      that's a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
        It doesn't matter if he's got a solid jaw, bodywork will slow him down

Rios is flat footed, predictable, and is a KO waiting to happen, he just hasn't fought anyone good yet who can capitalise on his flaws
        I disagree, Acosta is a very good fighter who can box and bang. Rios passed that test. Now he has another test against a pure brawler with a good chin. If he beats Antillon in decisive fashion, I say he goes in the convo as the best LW.

Once he moves to 140 this could all change because like you say he is flatfooted and predictable. But he's a huge and strong LW. He reminds me of Margarito a lot in that regard.

Comment

easy fight for Khan..maybe in 5 years Rios might have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            I disagree, Acosta is a very good fighter who can box and bang. Rios passed that test. Now he has another test against a pure brawler with a good chin. If he beats Antillon in decisive fashion, I say he goes in the convo as the best LW.

Once he moves to 140 this could all change because like you say he is flatfooted and predictable. But he's a huge and strong LW. He reminds me of Margarito a lot in that regard.
            Don't get me wrong, I like watching him fight, but when he steps up to genuine world class I think he'll get mullered - especially at 140

With Khan, Bradley, Alexander, and others looking more than likely to be going to 147 there's a chance for him to rule 140

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Exactly, peeople simply fail to realize this

Rios style is to overpower and break fighters down and he needs size advantages

ANY increase in weight means the guys will be bigger stronger and able to take more damage meaning it will be harder to overpower And break them down
              Rios needs size advantages??? he fights people his own size the only people in boxing who need size advantages are the Klits there 2 times the size of the average HW and still can't KO guys like haye

Comment

LMAO at khan fans yeah man dude is unstoppable....Maidana beat him and Rios hits harder

Comment

Lol at people making excuses rios wins fights on size.

Comment

Originally posted by Principe View Post

LMAO at khan fans yeah man dude is unstoppable....Maidana beat him and Rios hits harder
                    LOL! Maidana beat Khan?!? Hahaha that's just makes anything you ever post lose credibility!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      Lol at people making excuses rios wins fights on size.
                      same people who praise donaire and the klit brothers smh

Comment

Working...
                      X