No announcement yet.

Did Ann Wolfe mess up James Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ann Wolfe mess up James Kirkland?

Jhon Berrio had him almost on queet street and now it looks like he can't even take a punch anymore. This is not the same man who took Joel Julio's best punches. Some say he's been gone from boxing almost 2 years and needs to get back in "fighting" shape again and it will take some time, but a brawler like Kirkland will not have a long career in the first place. He's been a pro for 10 years and in all of his fights he always eating several big punches.

Is Ann Wolves sick training all that great in the long run?? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she put him in the ring with 3-4 dudes who basically beat him up to learn how to deal with pain? Did all the punishment he's been taking in the ring and in training caught up to him and now at age 27 he's finished?

EdIT (I know he's not with Ann anymore, but eventually a lot of that punishing training you did in the past could take some out of you.)
    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 04-10-2011, 04:03 PM.

I thoguht Kirkland was not being trained by Wolfe since he went to jail? he was winning when she was training him, losing after going to jail and not being trained by her. if anything its the opposite.

Comment

No i don't think this is anne wolfe's fault, he's just done too much too soon since he's come out of jail, this will do more good for him than bad. hopefully now he'll realise that he can be knocked out and needs to improve on his defense.

Comment

he seemed alot better with anne wolf then with his current trainer. his head movement was better before also. ln between rounds i remember her always tellin him to keep movin his head

Comment

yeah it reminds me of Tyson when he came out of jail. He just came straight foward trying to finish the guy

Comment

Ann Wolfe is all hype i wouldn't let her train my ****

Comment

I think being away from boxing for 2 years can do that to you, add to that they were moving him very fast (3 fights in 5 weeks) and apparently training camp hasn't been going to well either.

in hindsight maybe wolfe is in fact what he needs. maybe he wasn't being worked as hard with adams as he should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I think being away from boxing for 2 years can do that to you, add to that they were moving him very fast (3 fights in 5 weeks) and apparently training camp hasn't been going to well either.

in hindsight maybe wolfe is in fact what he needs. maybe he wasn't being worked as hard with adams as he should have been.

Totally agree, I was saying from the beginning he needed to pair back up with Wolfe.

Comment

Kirkland is an entertaining boxer so I hope he'll be back though, but I just have a feeling that dude is done and will get KO'd again and again and again.

Comment

how can you blame anyone but kirkland??

Comment

Working...
                    X