Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I must say I'm excited that a megafight is only 2 days away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner View Post
    I knew you would watch..................
    When did I say I didnt?

Comment

This fight needs to outsell UFC 103 not for Mayweather's bragging rights, for the whole boxing community can tell all the MMA fans to STFU. Every boxing fan should support this PPV card because it's not like it's a bad one.

You have undefeated Chris John in a really good fight against Rocky Juarez, you have an exciting crossroads match with Katsidis who is rarely in a dull fight, vs Escobedo who i'm sure will come to give his all against Katsidis. Lastly you have Marquez who always comes to fight and even if Mayweather is a defensive fighter I can't see this being a boring fight. Marquez will bring out the best in Floyd.

All in all, i want the PPV to do good numbers for boxing in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Hey, Horus, how many marketing dollars were spent on Pac V Marquez and how many you think are being spent on Floyd V Marquez?
        do u have the answer to that question?
        and do u have the documents to prove the answer to that question?

Probably not...

So dont ask basically Hypnotically questions and expect Factual Answers.

the point is...the deck is stacked against Mayweather and he is still going to pull it off...

FACTS are FACTS.
        I just provide the context.

These are the FACTS:

when Pacquiao vs. JMM fought
        1. Didnt have the UFC competing with them on the same night...
        2. Wasnt in a recession
        3. The media and fans didnt try to boycott the fight...

Everything else people say is a Hypnotical or a Conspiracy Theory that seems to be infamous around here.

FACTS ARE FACTS

even with a recession, the media trashing this fight,fans talking of boycotting and UFC competing with it all on the same night...
        The Mayweather fight will still do more than 450,000 Homes...

The deck is completely stacked against Mayweather and I still think he will pull it out.

This fight will prove Mayweather claim on him being a cash cow.

oh yeah..
        he has been off for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          Sorry, but we've been in a recession for a while now and all Pacquiao/Marquez had was a countdown.

Marquez/Mayweather has:

24/7
          A Rescheduling to a later date (2 months) which adds to more room for promotion
          a low budget countdown by HBO
          Theater showings which obviously bring attention to the fights
          CEO of Goldenboy coming out on Fox news shows promoting the fight

I dont think I've seen a fight in recent times as promoted and marketed as this fight has been.

Let me tell you what it also has:
          • UFC competing with them on the same night...
          • In a recession
          • The media Broadcasting the Fight as being not fan friendly , and a mismatch
          • A full on Campaign by Fans, Rival Promoters, Writers, every boxingwebsite, and etc to boycott the fight...

Like I said before:

even with a recession, the media trashing this fight,fans talking of boycotting and UFC competing with it all on the same night...
          The deck is completely stacked against Mayweather and I still think he will pull it out.
          oh yeah..
          Last edited by Horus; 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
            Let me tell you what it also has:
            • UFC competing with them on the same night...
            • In a recession
            • The media Broadcasting the Fight as being not fan friendly
            • A full on Campaign by Fans, Rival Promoters, Writers, and etc to boycott the fight...

Like I said before:

oh yeah..
            did you just call me an Tio Juan?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              did you just call me an Tio Juan?
              no i did not

Comment

I'm not that excited but will buy it, simply because I buy the majority of half way decent cards.

I'm actually more excited about the undercard than the main event.

Comment

this fight will display imo the two most complete boxers in the game today.
                  I can go on and on as to why they are the two most complete boxers today but it doesnt need to be explain...

I expect floyd to go out and prove a point.. or get lay on his back trying to prove a point.

If you dont buy this fight LIVE, you will never know how it was when it actually happen in the moment...!!

Comment

Working...
                  X