No announcement yet.

Gomez calling out Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gomez calling out Khan

Michael Gomez is now making a comeback having decided to retire from boxing in January 2006 whilst fighting for the Irish lightweight title.

I quite liked Gomez at his peak when he beat alex arthur...not as skilled as some of the other superfeatherweights / lightweights around but an aggressive tough determined bastard when he wanted to be.

He's just the latest name to call out Amir Khan, but also probably the least likely unless Gomez manages to grab one of the domestic titles at lightweight before Khan does. Funny how he mentions in the article below how he knocked stefy bull out in 2 in the amateurs.

This would be a big fight in Manchester...bigger than Murray-Khan would be.

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_22...Amir-bout.html

Provided Gomez isnt betting on himself to get knocked out again, lol.

i'd fancy him against Khan at this stage, he can be pretty destructive at that domestic level.

Comment

His last opponents record...

W 10 (2 ko's) | L 11 | D 0 | Total 21

Comment

gomez is done now, good to watch a few years back but khan would hammer the **** out him now.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo creed View Post
          gomez is done now, good to watch a few years back but khan would hammer the **** out him now.
          Gomez is one of my favourite fighters of all time. The Arthur fight was one of the best night's of my life. I hope he can recapture some of his old form but he has always blown hot and cold. Khan would probably beat him, but Gomez hits hard enough to get him to sit up and take notice, that's for sure. Having said that, Khan's a good counter puncher and Gomez's style might play right into his hands.

Comment

Working...
          X