Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion is BullSh#t....Thoughts???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Religion is BullSh#t....Thoughts???

Watch the vid...then comment.........

Why is he wrong?

School me.........................

ok ....................GO!

For me religion is about set of principles that enrich your life.. like be good, do good, fear no man etc.. don't like the brainwashing that comes with it..

Carlin is right to a certain extent..

Comment

While I basically agree with Carlin's view on religion, I think religion was important at one time because it was all mankind had as a deterrence for people being total sociopaths. It guided and molded behaviors that were conducive to living among others and forming a civilized society. Granted it has also been the inspiration for many wars, overall it provided a basic set of values to live by so we could evolve beyond cavemen.

Now we have the media, Hollywood and politicians to tell us how to think. Which is worse?

Comment

not going to watch a person discuss religion in a comedic setting.

but i will give my highly sought after pov

religion is like a gun; can be a lifesaver or lifetaker or just there, never to be used

millions of people have been murdered because of ''religion''.
        cant really quantify how many people have been saved due to religion.
        still, religion isnt supposed to kill anyone.

but if a religious nut gets his/her hands on that gun, shlt can happen.

faith > religion
        Last edited by Elroy The Great; 11-17-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
          Watch the vid...then comment.........

Why is he wrong?

School me.........................

ok ....................GO!
          Let's put it this way, the Catholic Church is the largest charity in the whole world. They have set up shop in all of the impoverished parts of the world and their donations have done innumerable amount of good in terms of healthcare, education, food, and a general helping hand.

Without them millions would've died prematurely over the centuries and millions more would suffer even more.

Whatever evil people like to point to about the church, is a thousand times outweighed by the good they do.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Let's put it this way, the Catholic Church is the largest charity in the whole world. They have set up shop in all of the impoverished parts of the world and their donations have done innumerable amount of good in terms of healthcare, education, food, and a general helping hand.

Without them millions would've died prematurely over the centuries and millions more would suffer even more.

Whatever evil people like to point to about the church, is a thousand times outweighed by the good they do.

just as it is with law enforcement, the church should be held to excruciatingly impossible standards, by definition.

the church is supposed to do good deeds. not sure if back claps are justified. thats like a parent saying theyre a good parent.

if a priest rapes one child, thats 10000 kids too many. if a single person is murdered/''sacrificed'' in the name of a god, thats 100000 innocent people too many.

lets not even go into the cover-ups and lawsuits.

yes, the church does tremendous good and obviously saves lives. but the bad shlt is really bad.

btw, this doesnt just apply to catholic/christians but all religions. wherever theres power to be gained, there will be dire problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              just as it is with law enforcement, the church should be held to excruciatingly impossible standards, by definition.

the church is supposed to do good deeds. not sure if back claps are justified. thats like a parent saying theyre a good parent.

if a priest rapes one child, thats 10000 kids too many. if a single person is murdered/''sacrificed'' in the name of a god, thats 100000 innocent people too many.

lets not even go into the cover-ups and lawsuits.

yes, the church does tremendous good and obviously saves lives. but the bad shlt is really bad.

btw, this doesnt just apply to catholic/christians but all religions. wherever theres power to be gained, there will be dire problems.
              Atheism had done nothing to the world but deliver Communism and Genocide with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Atheism had done nothing to the world but deliver Communism and Genocide with it.
                not sure if thats a religion, doe.....let me see what google has to say;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

“Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color”

https://creation.com/atheism-a-religion

re·li·gion
                rəˈlijən/Submit
                noun
                the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

google says atheism isnt a ''religion''.

it definitely isnt as old as the others, so it has a lot of ground to make up.

if its proven that there is no ''god''......''lord'' help us

Comment

I love George Carlin.

Just glad this isn't another religion thread by Furn. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    not sure if thats a religion, doe.....let me see what google has to say;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

“Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color”

https://creation.com/atheism-a-religion

re·li·gion
                    rəˈlijən/Submit
                    noun
                    the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

google says atheism isnt a ''religion''.

it definitely isnt as old as the others, so it has a lot of ground to make up.

if its proven that there is no ''god''......''lord'' help us
                    First response is a red herring. But good try though.

Comment

Working...
                    X