Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I Respect Chavez Jr. More, Canelo Gave Me His Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Steve Kim or whatever was wrong. He was also wrong about the 75/25 split in his quote. The WBC rules were given to you.

You're one of the few people who, in the face on facts literally presented to him, denies them with 'oh but everyone knows the facts are wrong'.

....yet you have the nerve to throw 'embarrassment' to someone else?

Posters like you need removing from this site. Your opinions bring nothing to any meaningful discussion. The site is really going downhill, at a tremendous rate.
    I just pointed the bolded out to him. One of the problems modern day boxing has is that boxing journalists are so fucking sloppy and badly informed nowadays.

I've seen numerous examples, at various boxing websites, of boxing journalists getting their facts wrong like that and being corrected by fans who read the articles.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I just pointed the bolded out to him. One of the problems modern day boxing has is that boxing journalists are so fucking sloppy and badly informed nowadays.

I've seen numerous examples, at various boxing websites, of boxing journalists getting their facts wrong like that and being corrected by fans who read the articles.
      He was reporting what was in the deal, 75/25 doesn't matter it wasn't in the deal. 55/45 was.

Comment

well, it's the truth loool
        golovkin could act **** off when jacobs demanded more money
        but he agreed to extend negotiation to satisfy jacobs

unless canelo is golovkin mandatory chalenger, i don't think rejecting 15 mill as coward action

Comment

Lying troll. You know GGG wouldn't have got 45% of a purse bid because I've posted links to the WBC rules on that multiple times.

The rule giving an interim champ 45% was removed in 2013. Here are the current WBC rules on division of money in a purse bid.

"2.17 Division of Proceeds in a Purse Offer. The net purse offer (after deduction of all sanction fees payable to the WBC hereunder) shall be divided as follows:

(a) 70% for the champion and 30% for the challenger in title bouts; and

(b) 50% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or elimination bouts; provided, however, that the WBC Board of Governors, may by a majority vote, authorize a modification of the division of purse offer proceeds between boxers in a purse offer in unusual or special cases, such as consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the
          boxers, as the WBC shall determine in its sole discretion.

The modification of the split shall be limited to 60-40% and 55-45%, except in the most exceptional circumstances, in which the split may be modified to 50-50%."

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/Rules/WB...anuary2014.pdf

GGG would have got 30% if it had gone to a bid, and there's no evidence that Loeffler was trying to take it to a bid. Don't you think Canelo would have let everybody know about that, if it was true?

The problem was GGG was NOT a challenger!!! He was the INTERIM CHAMPION!!!

"interim champion - leading to two champions existing in the same weight division simultaneously.

"Original champion must fight against the interim champion in a "unification bout." The winner of this contest is then deemed the "undisputed champion."

"both hold titles so they are going to call it a unification fight. "

See that's where you keep fuking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            The problem was GGG was NOT a challenger!!! He was the INTERIM CHAMPION!!!

"interim champion - leading to two champions existing in the same weight division simultaneously.

"Original champion must fight against the interim champion in a "unification bout." The winner of this contest is then deemed the "undisputed champion."

"both hold titles so they are going to call it a unification fight. "

See that's where you keep fuking up.
            Read the rules....

Comment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...adline-looming

ALL the EXPERT in boxing are WRONG but a quack like you isn't??? EVERYONE said it was a 55/45 split and they TALK to the ABC's ALL the FKN TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Losing a decision to Floyd is not quite the same thing as being destroyed by GGG buddy.............
                Oh I see, because gaylovekin didn't almost get his head launched into the stands by a fuggin ww, but canelo will be totally helpless right? GTFOH with that **** you gaylovekin c0ck worshipper

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  He's reporting on what was in the deal, 75/25 wasn't so it doesn't matter, 55/45 was.

OK where in the rules does it say the Interim champ gets the same split as a mandatory? It says doesn't exceed, which is 50%. In fact in the rules it says the Interim isn't treated the same as a challenger or something similar.
                  Where does it say that the interim champ gets a different split than a regular mando?

It used to say that, and it still does if you pull up the old version of the rules, but that rule has been removed and no longer applies.

And have Oscar and Canelo ever said that K2 were trying to force a purse bid, or that they were asking for 45% of the purse?

No they haven't, so why do clowns like you keep giving that as the reason for Canelo vacating?

That's a rhetorical quesation, btw. I already know what the answer would be, if you were honest.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 03-03-2017, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Where does it say that the interim champ gets a different split than a regular mando?

It used to say that, and it still does if you pull up the old version of the rules, but that rule has been removed and no longer applies.

And have Oscar and Canelo ever said that K2 were trying to force a purse bid, or that they were asking for 45% of the purse?

No they haven't, so why do clowns like you keep giving that as the reason for Canelo vacating?

That's a rhetorical quesation, btw. I already know what the answer would be, if you were honest.
                    The standard split has always been 55/45. Nowhere in the rules does it say that isn't the case anymore. Everyone involved in boxing say it was 55/45. B...bb...bbut it doesn't say it specifically anymore so they're all wrong.

BTW you are reading the wrong rules. The up to date ones are here.

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/rules?id=555
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-03-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

He's reporting on what was in the deal, 75/25 wasn't so it doesn't matter, 55/45 was.

OK where in the rules does it say the Interim champ gets the same split as a mandatory? It says doesn't exceed, which is 50%. In fact in the rules it says the Interim isn't treated the same as a challenger or something similar.
                      I'm at work now. I get paid just to sit up all night and chat **** on the net. Are you getting paid while on here?
                      You pulling a 24 hour shift, Isaac?

Unlike you, I don't get paid for being on here, and I have other things to do. Catch you later, troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X