Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    The thing is, Tupac wasn't who he said he was though. He wasn't some gangster, he wasn't who he portrayed.

Biggie was a lot more real that Tupac, had much better lyrics and I think will have a more lasting legacy through his music.
    Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    you're missing my point. obviously everyone grows up, but pac made it seem like he was something he wasn't earlier in his life.
    Not according to his Mom, and don't forget about Big and Puff hiding in their hotel rooms when they heard Tupac and Co were in the vicinity. Tupac was raised by and around real people, his first album is probably his most violent and he went to the LA riots and shot up the place, its well known that he didn't travel with security until just before he died. I doubt Freddie Foxxx and Face would lie about someone being real.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    If 2pac went through 50s era and worked with IS he would of been a multi multi multi millionaire, had he not been killed.

Suge sucked him dry and barely paid him his worth, which is why he was making behind the scenes plans to leave, which is where the rumor stems from Suge having him whacked.
    This is true, but there is a lot more to the story, personally I think it is obvious that Suge was involved but I think several parties were more involved, the Hatian Jack theory is interesting.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Let's get one thing clear about Lil Wayne, from Tha Block Is Hot to Carter II he was a great rapper. Yes great, not top 20-40 great, but you don't have to be listed that high to be considered great. If you tell yourself that Lil Wayne wouldn't have been a popular lyricist if he peaked and primed in the early 90s, you are being delusional about the 90s era. And this is coming form some one who has nothing but 90s rap songs in his iPod, I really an't listen to anything else. There's some exceptional albums I let slide from the 2000-mid 2000s but they are very few.

Cuat, saying "all you have to do is go back to the 90s" etc, Lil Wayne IS a 90s rapper

Just cause you never heard of him with B.G. in the early 90s, doesn't mean he didn't exist. Lil Wayne with B.G. made as many street hits as Mobb Deep in the 90s, they just didn't gain popularity until the late 90s. Make no mistake, Wayne is a 90s rapper. He just really changed after 2006.

I do not like Lil Wayne at all now. Right after Carter II he started rapping with Chris Brown, Bobby Valentino and making girl music, that's when Wayne stopped being Wayne for me. Good for him his fanbase is even bigger now, but I am pretty sure a lot of his old fanbase don't like him anymore. Old heads like you, use to like Wayne. Now they don't, now younger fans like Lil Wayne. Don't make it seem like late 90s-mid 2000s Lil Wayne was nothing, he was really talented and was liked by the same guys who liked Pac, Biggie, Nas. Wayne was one of the very few respected lyricist from the south, he always had an East Coast flow to him. When he changed his flow and started rapping like a southern rapper and went mainstream, people stopped liking him.
    If I remember correctly Wayne toured under DMX, never really rated Wayne but he came up legit with the Hot Boyz. B.G. is a name I haven't heard in years, that guy was about as gutter as they come .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Biggie is better than Tupac and it isn't even close.

If you want to talk about charisma, presence and popularity, then yes Tupac was better in those regards but as far as an MC and lyricist, Biggie kills him.
      What do you base this on?

Comment

Biggie was/is the better lyricist & MC & it's not even close. People ALWAYS romanticize Pac because of his death. Most people that weren't alive or too young to remember the "Biggie Era" (94-97) just don't get it or understand it. Once he came out he ran hip hop; hence the Frank White moniker. He forever changed Rap & people still try to copy his swag almost 20 years later. BIG's lyrics, flow, & presence are untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Keep Ya Head Up, Letter To My Unborn Child, Changes, Brenda's Got A Baby, Dear Mama. Those are not even my favorite songs of his, but those are songs that showed a side of 2Pac that we don't really see from rappers, especially not from Biggie.
          Thought of this song as. Listen to the lyrics:

Comment

Ill Street Blues rap; Nas "borrowed" from him:

Comment

There's never going to be a right or wrong answer here but I definitely don't consider Pac the G.O.A.T. The guy was a walking contradiction.

For me the G.O.A.T. is probably Nas.

It's a shame Big L passed when he did because if we're breaking it down to who was the rawest and illest with the word play, L stomps on all these dudes. The guy was insane.

Comment

Neither of these guys are the greatest, man. The greatest rapper of all time is easily RAKIM and it's not even up for debate. Why on Earth people keep saying Nas is is beyong my apprehension. BDK is the only one on Ra's level

Comment

Both of them muhfukas was decent.....but. LL Cool J is the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
                    Biggie was/is the better lyricist & MC & it's not even close. People ALWAYS romanticize Pac because of his death. Most people that weren't alive or too young to remember the "Biggie Era" (94-97) just don't get it or understand it. Once he came out he ran hip hop; hence the Frank White moniker. He forever changed Rap & people still try to copy his swag almost 20 years later. BIG's lyrics, flow, & presence are untouchable.
                    Biggie is the better lyricist? Trolololol. I see youre from nyc, so what can i say.

Lyrically, neither was that great. Neither are atg lyricists. Message wise, tupac was ahead of biggie.

Pretty much the only argument you can make is biggie had a better flow. Its debatable, and ultimately a matter of opinion and comes down to tastes. Both had tremendous flow.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      Blows my mind. Biggie was like, the lil wayne of the day (minus the gay autotune). Rapped about the same ****, money cars clothes and hoes. Dont get me wrong, biggie has some cuts that i like, like long kiss goodnight, but damn....its not even close. Tupac da based god

In my opinion Pac Rapped about the same thing over and over again "I'm a persecuted Black man, the system has me trapped" blah blah blah. He didn't even do anything interesting with it from a lyrical standpoint, he just screamed it out, so that guys who like feeling emotions could get off listening to it.

Hip Hop is about lyricism, and Big brought lyrics, period.
                      Last edited by res; 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X