Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent on His Relationship With Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 50 Cent on His Relationship With Floyd Mayweather Jr.

50 Cent made his debut as a boxing promoter on Saturday night when his fighter Yuriorkis Gamboa scored a win over Michael Farenas on the undercard of the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez IV fight in Las Vegas, NV. The only thing being talked about more than 50 Cent’s new venture into the sport is his relationship with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

So what have we learnt from all these 50 cent interviews:

1. Floyd is like a little brother to 50.
    2. Floyd changed his mind about partnering with 50.
    3. Floyd is a dummy who has no income outside of boxing.
    4. 50 cent says actually and actual in virtually every sentence.

I will wait for Floyds response either through twitter, Fighthype or HBO 24/7

Comment

50 always says Floyd has no income outside of boxing like its some kind of diss. Since Floyd was a small child all he has done is box so I dont see where the diss is.
      Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 12-09-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

He's just making the point that you cannot box forever, and that Floyd should be looking to broaden his income base. I don't know how much Floyd makes (or spends) with TMT, but that could be sufficient income once he's no longer an active fighter -- not 30 million a year, I'm sure, but income.

The point about 50 cent using "actual" and "actually" in every sentence had me cracking up.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthrAxNSB View Post
          He's just making the point that you cannot box forever, and that Floyd should be looking to broaden his income base. I don't know how much Floyd makes (or spends) with TMT, but that could be sufficient income once he's no longer an active fighter -- not 30 million a year, I'm sure, but income.

The point about 50 cent using "actual" and "actually" in every sentence had me cracking up.
          50 just seems concerned because Floyd is living a lifestyle that will have him broke within 10 year. 50 seems like the big brother and seems to genuinely care about Floyd at times. What's funny to me though is how he wants him to get money away from the sport...yet it's boxing promotions he's talking about. Isn't that the same s hit? lol. Just nit picking, I know what he means... but he's right though. Floyd brags about all the money he makes...wtf is he going to do when he's NOT making money and is spending it? I'm sure he's probably got SOME type of income coming in..maybe a few houses or something but it's probably nothing significant. Then again..he probably owns a few houses and has people living in them rent free...

Comment

50 is actually right sometimes you have to spend money to make money.we have seen many fighters go broke within 5 years of being retried floyd needs to find something to full back on when its all over.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              50 just seems concerned because Floyd is living a lifestyle that will have him broke within 10 year. 50 seems like the big brother and seems to genuinely care about Floyd at times. What's funny to me though is how he wants him to get money away from the sport...yet it's boxing promotions he's talking about. Isn't that the same s hit? lol. Just nit picking, I know what he means... but he's right though. Floyd brags about all the money he makes...wtf is he going to do when he's NOT making money and is spending it? I'm sure he's probably got SOME type of income coming in..maybe a few houses or something but it's probably nothing significant. Then again..he probably owns a few houses and has people living in them rent free...
              I'm sure Haymon is making sure Floyd has some investments, he is the one in control of Floyd funds and PPV money. He's probably not making enough on those investments to maintain the lifestyle he's living but I don't see Floyd going broke like Mike Tyson.. all Floyd has to do is fight 4 times by 2015 and he's made 100 million

Comment

Actually, i have actually noticed in this and other actual articles that 50 Cent actually uses the word actual(ly) quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  I'm sure Haymon is making sure Floyd has some investments, he is the one in control of Floyd funds and PPV money. He's probably not making enough on those investments to maintain the lifestyle he's living but I don't see Floyd going broke like Mike Tyson.. all Floyd has to do is fight 4 times by 2015 and he's made 100 million
                  You're probably right. I'm sure Haymon probably has him set up for life after boxing.

Comment

Alright guys, I didn't want to comment on any of what 50 has been saying lately but here goes. 50 Cent is a snake and some of you have already figured that out. This guy is sensitive as a little girl and you'll see it come out more and more. As a big fan of hip-hop I've watched his career pretty closely and can honestly stand by my statements. He turns his back on his friends, starts ridiculous beefs just for album sales, and tries desperately to out hustle his rivals like Diddy and Jay-Z.

His SMS headphone line isn't selling well. I live in NYC and have NEVER seen a single pair on the streets. ANYWHERE. His films aren't doing well or just straight to DVD releases. His album sales are slumping and hardly anyone in hip-hop is really checking for 50 anymore. Why? Because all the crazy stuff he's done over the years. He just comes off as a hater and wants people to side with him in all matters. He's never once admitted he was wrong about anything. Dre hardly talks to him anymore and most of his friends aren't around like they used to be. He burned a ton of bridges in his prime and now suffers for it.

Now on to boxing, he claims Floyd is like a brother to him. Then why in the world is he talking bad about Floyd in every interview? If my brother and I had a real beef, I wouldn't be airing his dirty laundry out for the world. Even if we weren't related by blood but still considered each other family, you just don't do that. He could easily call Floyd up and try to smooth things out, but he wants to do all that for publicity. Say what you want about Floyd, but the guy has pretty much ceased any conversation about 50 for the past few months. You're Floyd's brother but doing business with the enemy? Seriously.

And for the performance last night, that audience was quiet as a library. Who knows about 50's new song? Like c'mon son! Hardly anyone there probably realized 50 has a new single. He's saying he's trying to promote Gamboa and his fighters and that's cool, but has anyone really taken a second to think who he has on his roster? Gamboa? Talented but chinny and makes dumb business decisions. Goes from a $1 Million fight with Rios to $50,000 for last night's fight. Andre Dirrell? A guy who wasted an opportunity in the Super Six by faking an injury because he didn't want to face Ward.

Fans of boxing I say to you, don't trust this guy. I'm sure some of you may call me a hater or some kind of Floyd lover, but I'm just calling this guy 50 out. He's bad for boxing and is a snake. Just wait till his fighters start taking L's and see how much he wants to promote then. Hopefully I'm wrong, but history has a funny way of repeating itself.

Leaving this on a positive note, I will give 50 props for the SK Energy Drink venture. That's positive and I take my hat off to him for supplying those in need with food.

Comment

Working...
                    X