Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel like this in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel like this in sparring?

I always spar bigger guys so when I spar guys my own size or smaller, I feel like the hulk and it's awesome lol. Anyone feel like this?

I never sparred anyone smaller than me, but I use let girl fighters swing off on me and I wouldnt throw back (great for working on defense especially against the ropes), and no matter how big they were there punches didn't come close to hurting.

Made me realize just how much weaker girls were.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      I never sparred anyone smaller than me, but I use let girl fighters swing off on me and I wouldnt throw back (great for working on defense especially against the ropes), and no matter how big they were there punches didn't come close to hurting.

Made me realize just how much weaker girls were.
      Funny enough I had a conversation about that not too long ago with some guys at the gym, before I joined we had a pro fighter (female) come through and they were talking about how even if she went full out on our amateur guys they could keep up no problem. Testosterone is a natural steroid plus we naturally have less body fat.

Anyways to answer OP, no I've only been sparring bigger and more experienced guys so I always feel upset and discouraged. Although when I did have my first fight even though I lost and I was on the ropes the whole time the guys punches felt like little taps.

Comment

There isn't anyone at my gym my size. So no

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
          Funny enough I had a conversation about that not too long ago with some guys at the gym, before I joined we had a pro fighter (female) come through and they were talking about how even if she went full out on our amateur guys they could keep up no problem. Testosterone is a natural steroid plus we naturally have less body fat.

Anyways to answer OP, no I've only been sparring bigger and more experienced guys so I always feel upset and discouraged. Although when I did have my first fight even though I lost and I was on the ropes the whole time the guys punches felt like little taps.
          Check out Rigo sparring the best female amateur boxer ever in Katie Taylor: http://youtu.be/Vbb2bb6R4cw

And don't get discouraged, sparring is just learning. It's normal to feel disappointed after losing but don't let it hold you back and use the experience to make you a better fighter. I'm 29-8 and I felt like crap after every loss but you keep moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post

One female I did see in person at a gym that looked really tough was Amanda Serrano who I believe was a champion, I think she's signed to Haymon now?

I saw her spar 7-8 rnds straight, a new male in the ring every rnd, all of them amateur fighters amd tough kids, they were smaller than her, but she was giving them the work. She wasn't even boxing them on some working on skills type ish, she was brawling with these dudes.

Immediately after she was done she started doing pull ups. I'm not gonna lie in the back of my mind I wondered if she was juicing, chic was legit.

Comment

One female I did see in person at a gym that looked really tough was Amanda Serrano who I believe was a champion, I think she's signed to Haymon now?

I saw her spar 7-8 rnds straight, a new male in the ring every rnd, all of them amateur fighters amd tough kids, they were smaller than her, but she was giving them the work. She wasn't even boxing them on some working on skills type ish, she was brawling with these dudes.

Immediately after she was done she started doing pull ups. I'm not gonna lie in the back of my mind I wondered if she was juicing, chic was legit.
              Of course females are naturally not as strong however, they definitely are not weak. They can train hard as well and a top female boxer will beat most average pro boxers but of men will always have more physical potential (unless steroids are involved).

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                I always spar bigger guys so when I spar guys my own size or smaller, I feel like the hulk and it's awesome lol. Anyone feel like this?
                HAHA i feel the same im like 5'7 walk around 125. most ppl are 140~190lbs i spar lol
                when i spar ppl shorter than me, it feels so much easier although its quite different stylistically

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                  HAHA i feel the same im like 5'7 walk around 125. most ppl are 140~190lbs i spar lol
                  when i spar ppl shorter than me, it feels so much easier although its quite different stylistically
                  Ya that's also true, going from sparring bigger guys, to guys my size was a huge difference style wise. Especially for me, because one of the rings I trained the most in was TINY.

So I learned how to move against bigger guys, and pop shot, and counter, where as against guys my size, I had to stand stronger, and trade more often, was a huge style change.

For some reason I also got angrier fighting guys my size. Maybe its like pit bulls where they feel challenged when something is there size looking at them in the eye, I Dunno haha.

Comment

Ya that's also true, going from sparring bigger guys, to guys my size was a huge difference style wise. Especially for me, because one of the rings I trained the most in was TINY.

So I learned how to move against bigger guys, and pop shot, and counter, where as against guys my size, I had to stand stronger, and trade more often, was a huge style change.

For some reason I also got angrier fighting guys my size. Maybe its like pit bulls where they feel challenged when something is there size looking at them in the eye, I Dunno haha.
                    haha I FEEL YOU BRAH.

Comment

Working...
                    X