Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins say's he will go down to 160 and fight Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins say's he will go down to 160 and fight Mayweather.

I think he's serious...

Thoughts?

Lol. Yeah OK.

If Floyd wants to fight at 160 then there are a lot of better options I'd rather see.

Comment

Easy money for Mayweather. Bernard isn't active enough in the ring to consistently win rounds against a guy as fast or skilled as Mayweather.

If I was Mayweather, I would take this fight. Hopkins at any age is an ATG on his resume. If Mayweather beats him @160 lbs it would be great for his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Lol. Yeah OK.

If Floyd wants to fight at 160 then there are a lot of better options I'd rather see.
        Hopkins has an eye on the pay day

I think he might have been joking at first and then thought "You know, I might actually try this"

Floyd's not going near 160 the guy is a small Jr MW and not even a big WW.

Comment

Bernard by headbutt KO. He'll literally just lower his head and charge when the bell rang.

If Floyd survives that, it's ruled a no contest after Hopkins breaks his hip. The ram rush will have sapped what energy remained in his body after making weight.

Comment

I would pay for that one.... Even if they did an exhibition, it would be great to see that type of chessmatch.

Comment

This would be the first Mayweather fight I would refuse to watch. It would be too emotional for me. We all know there is no emotions in boxing.

Comment

I think every fighter from 175 down wants a piece of Mayweather. Some fighters know they can't get down low enough but others foolishly think they can. Hopkins is one of my favorites so I'll assume he's just joking around. There's no way he says he wants no parts of Andre Ward but is willing to drop 15lbs to fight floyd. That doesn't look good for him at all.

Comment

that is amazing.

do it, floyd. become a legend

Comment

I think if Floyd did want to fight at 160 then I feel he'd only do it for a belt to become a 6 division world champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X