Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 03-21-2018, 04:01 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3762 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 20,655.81
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson 2 in the works for UFC Atlantic City

Two of the best and most well-known fighters in the UFC’s featherweight division will meet again.

A rematch between Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson is in the works for UFC Atlantic City on April 21 in New Jersey, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani confirmed Tuesday. The two fought in 2014, with Edgar winning by fifth-round submission. ESPN was the first to report the bout Tuesday.

Edgar (22-6-1) is coming off a knockout loss to Brian Ortega very recently — March 3 at UFC 222 in Las Vegas. It was the first time Edgar, the former UFC lightweight champion, had ever been stopped in his decorated career. Edgar, 36, was on a two-fight winning streak coming in and was supposed to fight Max Holloway for the featherweight title on that card before Holloway pulled out due to injury.

Swanson (25-8), too, is coming off a loss to Ortega. “Killer Cub” fell to Ortega by second-round submission at UFC Fresno in December. After that, Swanson’s contract with the UFC expired, but this marks his return and a new deal. Swanson, 34, has earned three straight Fight of the Night bonuses and is known for his exciting style. He was on a four-fight winning streak heading into the Ortega bout.

UFC Atlantic City will be headlined by a lightweight bout lightweight contenders Kevin Lee and Edson Barboza. Edgar vs. Swanson 2 is currently planned as the co-main event. Also on the card, bantamweight up-and-comers Aljamain Sterling and Brett Johns will meet.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4807 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,322.82
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Please end in a double KO, PLEASE!
Boxfan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:39 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3762 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,655.81
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan83 View Post
Please end in a double KO, PLEASE!
The perfect outcome in this one...LOL
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 AM #4
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16923 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,617.48
Total Points: 54,000.27
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Eh. Whatever.

And randomly I don't like Edgar getting KO'd & fighting 7 or w/e weeks later. The UFC is getting sketchy with this sorta sh^t. Figured that Bisping quick turnaround was a bad enough look to correct it, but nope.

After you get stopped I think you should be out for 6mos to a year. I think the commissions should enforce that, but I'd expect a company like the UFC to value Edgar enough to not throw him from a KO L fight to another fight so quick just cuz he's got more upside & value for you than that.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 AM #5
TDT All day

Quoted: 6148 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,268.03
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- 
Merry Christmas - TBear Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK 
Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- Lana was sent from above - Santa_ 
-jose- aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 In the floor laughing... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Eh. Whatever.

And randomly I don't like Edgar getting KO'd & fighting 7 or w/e weeks later. The UFC is getting sketchy with this sorta sh^t. Figured that Bisping quick turnaround was a bad enough look to correct it, but nope.

After you get stopped I think you should be out for 6mos to a year. I think the commissions should enforce that, but I'd expect a company like the UFC to value Edgar enough to not throw him from a KO L fight to another fight so quick just cuz he's got more upside & value for you than that.
The UFC in the Zuffa era gave mandatory medical suspensions for fighters who got stopped or KO'd.

I can't remember when or why they stopped that.
Willy Wanker is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
atlantic, city, edgar, frankie, swanson, works

User Tag List