No announcement yet.

Garth Wood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garth Wood

Could an Australian boxing fan aware the board on what this boxer brings to the table? Style/punching power/punching resistance etc.

How do you rate his chances against Martin Murray?

Come on Aussies, surely some of you know about this guy?

Comment

No chance, he's an awful clubfighter with little in the way of skill or power.

He beat bumdine by bumrushing him and clipping him on his soft head, but lost easily in the rematch being dropped twice and rocked several times

Then a really past it sam soliman won every round against him

He holds a lot and is a bit rough, often deploying his deestating rugby tackle on opponents so Murrays only problem will be looking good against him and trying to keep the fight clean, but outside of that he'll win easy

Comment

Garth Wood is a truly awful fighter. Respect to him hes fit strong gets in there and has a good dig everytime but hes rough and crude and i just fcking hate watching him, **** boxer. Murray will carve him up, way too tidy and technical plus strong enough to hold Wood off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
          Could an Australian boxing fan aware the board on what this boxer brings to the table? Style/punching power/punching resistance etc.

How do you rate his chances against Martin Murray?
          Too give you a breakdown of how Wood fights, basically he is a fit, strong, fairly tough ex footy player who will get in there and go hard but he has abysmal boxing skills and he likes to be rough and dirty and will often literally footy tackle an opponent. Thats why i just hate him as a fighter because like i said i respect every guy that gets in there but the way i was taught to box just makes me fcking hate Wood's style with a passion, its like watching a random **** punch on at the pub.

He can lay a half decent punch, but he has nothing in anyway remarkable in speed, power or anything really except fitness and physical stength. And he is fairly tough,

Comment

not so much talent

I don't like this Garth Wood's fighting style it's so poor

Comment

Imagine Hopkins with no skills or ring iq.
              But at east he doesn't flop like B.Hop.

Comment

One more round gave a great description of him.

He has one of the worst boxing styles I have ever seen, its just not watchable.

Comment

Wow and guess who Geale's next opponent is.. damn

Comment

He is a top class fighter with outstanding toughness and skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X