No announcement yet.

So i'm thinking of buying a 360.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i'm thinking of buying a 360.

Hey guys, my birthday is soon and i'll probably get money from all my friends and relatives, thought i might as well make myself a gift and buy a 360, i mostly game on pc, which is great for multiplayer games and shooters but the pc lacks the good single player titles and sport titles. Also fight night round 4 is coming up and i wouldn't want to miss that.

So i was checking up on prices online and it's not really expensive but there are a couple of different versions of the console and im not sure which one to buy.

Cheapest one is the 360 arcade which is like 200 $, but from i understand that one doesn't have a hard drive? What does having a hard drive change aside from needing to save your game on a memory card?

Then there is the 360 pro with a 60 gb HD, thats like 300$.

And there is the same 360 pro but it cames with 2 ****ty games for the same price. So thats probably what i would get.

Also ebgames are selling some refurbished consoles, but i don't know if i should trust that.

What do you guys think? Also, any games i should get? Even if they are old, i don't mind.

I'd go for the one with the hard drive.

Well, you can probably get Fight Night Round 3 for like 15 bucks used at a Gamestop. Call of Duty 4 is awesome (better than CoD 5) and tons of people play it, it has insane replay value online and a great single player campaign. GRID is a good racing game, very realistic.

You can download the demos for games so that you don't buy a game and end up hating it. Assuming you get Xbox Live, that is...

Comment

Get the one that comes with GOW2 and R.E.5

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        Get the one that comes with GOW2 and R.E.5
        What shop is that from? Cause i'm in canadia and i haven't seen this deal.

Comment

Don't get a 360, two of them broke for me. I don't know if the ps3 has problems like the xbox360, but one of my 360's completely overheated and my other ones laser broke on it... Microsoft are crooks

But then again, I don't know if ps3's work just as crappy. People who own ps3s have told me they heat up so hot you can cook eggs on em. That doesn't sound too good either. Its a sad state in video game history when they can't make systems to last long. My old playstation 1 still works and thats back from 1997. Thats a 12 yr life span and still runs fine. Systems should be built to last forever not like junk.

Comment

My 360 got the red rings syndrome after like 3 years of life, so i called microsoft, they said send it back, freepost, and 8 days later a brand new elite arrived free of charge.

can't say fairer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by D3adpool View Post
              Don't get a 360, two of them broke for me. I don't know if the ps3 has problems like the xbox360, but one of my 360's completely overheated and my other ones laser broke on it... Microsoft are crooks

But then again, I don't know if ps3's work just as crappy. People who own ps3s have told me they heat up so hot you can cook eggs on em. That doesn't sound too good either. Its a sad state in video game history when they can't make systems to last long. My old playstation 1 still works and thats back from 1997. Thats a 12 yr life span and still runs fine. Systems should be built to last forever not like junk.
              Quoted for fucking truth.

It's pitiful that my 18 year old SNES is still alive and kicking, but Microsoft and Sony can't manage to make a console that doesn't blow up or overheat.

Which is why I still haven't bothered to jump into the current generation.

Sure, it sucks not being able to play any of the new titles I want to. But the ones I want are few and far between anyway, and I'm content playing my PS2, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Gamecube, NES, and soon to be N64.

At least I know I can actually count on being able to play those games.

Comment

I think the 360 is worth getting. There are some great budget titles, and the newer stuff is also excellent.

I own about 50 games for the 360. Obviously you might not like as many different games as I do, but there's a lot out there to choose from.

As others have said, it does have a high failure rate. I got the RROD after 11 months. I'd just been playing it for 12 hours straight and then accidently knocked into it with my foot, so it's partially my own fault.

Comment

A lot of my friends have 360's,4 of which were bought in the first month of 360's being released, and none of them have ever had a RROD or anything like that. I've had mine for a year and have modded it and it's working perfectly.

Comment

Don't listen to the other guys telling you not to get a 360, yes they have problems but there is a 3 year warranty and it would be ashame to miss out on so many good games. I would advise you to get a PRO or and Elite as the Hard drive is preety useful to have as theres alot of stuff you can download.

Heres some games you should try if you do get one-

Mass Effect
                    Kameo
                    Forza 2
                    PGR 3,4
                    Halo 3
                    Gears 1 and 2
                    Grand Theft Auto
                    Crack Down
                    Saints row 1&2
                    Lost Odessey
                    Lost Planet

theres quite a few more that I can't think of right now but these were the ones that I played and enjoyed. I would suggest just getting 1 or 2 game you know you will like first though then just spend some time downloading loads of demos so you can see what you like.

Comment

Working...
                    X