No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Kovalev, who got this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No, I'm giving Froch all the same credit I always have and am not knocking him in any way.

Kov is IMO bigger, stronger, smarter and overall just better.
    He's stronger and bigger puncher, but I don't feel he's a better boxer

Matter of fact, Froch might end up being a hall of famer

Even Ward says Froch was tougher and more difficult to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      Why Froch has a better resume then?
      He's stronger and bigger puncher, but I don't feel he's a better boxer

Matter of fact, Froch might end up being a hall of famer

Even Ward says Froch was tougher and more difficult to deal with
      I agree Froch will probably be a HOF'er but that will be for his work at 168.

It's ok that we disagree.

I am not going to question ward but him saying that IMO makes no sense because he clearly defeated Froch while he got knocked down in a close fight with Kov ( i had kov winning 114-113), a fight he had to come back to get the judges decision.

Maybe Froch can use his reach to keep kov off of him but I don't see that happening.

Comment

I am not going to question ward but him saying that IMO makes no sense
        It's okay that we disagree but it makes sense....Fighters has better understanding of what's happening inside the ring than fans outside of it

Comment

It's okay that we disagree but it makes sense....Fighters has better understanding of what's happening inside the ring than fans outside of it
          True but if you watch both fights, its clear that he had no real problems with Froch but was in a world of trouble with Kov so, with all due respect to him, that sentiment makes no sense to me.

Comment

I'm a big Froch fan, and not really a fan of Kovalev, and I'll say that Froch doesn't stand a chance. He's got nothing on Kovalev. Kov is bigger, stronger, smarter and much more skilled.

Comment

True but if you watch both fights, its clear that he had no real problems with Froch but was in a world of trouble with Kov so, with all due respect to him, that sentiment makes no sense to me.
              Funny thing is whilst I also feel that Kovalev is more skilled, probably stronger and has a better ring IQ than Froch (and would beat him) I can see where Andre's coming from with this one. Ward's a master at taking the 'fight' out of the fight and he did - to a large extent succeed in doing this - eventually - with Kovalev. With Froch, although he was continually beating him to the punch, anticipating his attacks and clearly the better boxer, he never really managed to stop Froch from trying to bring the fight to him, and in the championship rounds it became clear that Frochs sheer tenacity was starting to trouble Ward. A coupla times, towards the end you see Ward checking the clock almost like he's wondering how much longer he can keep this fucker off of him.

With Kovalev, Ward managed to slow the pace of the fight (or perhaps his bodywork slowed Sergei down, or simply his his stamina ain't all that) and from round 6 or 7 on Dre was never really in much danger, course he had to be careful, but he was fighting his sort of fight at a pace he could work at, and was kind of comfortable, whereas Froch never quite let him get into that groove.

Comment

kovalev would pick him apart and stop him in the mid rounds

Comment

I honestly don't think Froch's style would be fit for moving up facing a powerpuncher.

But again it's Froch.

Froch KO's him in the 12th after the most impressive show of his carreer.

Comment

I can't help myself. I mean Froch is my favourite fighter of all time, **** objectivity when it comes to that man.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      froch would run through golovkin...that was a horrible match up for golovkin. a set up trap much like the bute fight.

but kovalov ud's him wide. way too much size
                      Lol no body that is easy to hit beats ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X