Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with all the hype over the height difference? We see similar height difference and worse ALL THE TIME. People in here acting like he's a foot taller. Want to talk about body size? sure, but hyping the height between the two, really?

Comment

Hope this is a good fight......

Comment

Your right height age weight not being active Rigo nothing matters duh until after the matrix makes him quit or UD then the excuses will flow

Comment

Where are all the Rigo Fanboys saying Rigo would beat Loma and Lomachenko was ducking Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            'Basically the same size, doe'

**** off

Rigo is wearing platform shoes as well.

I almost started doubting my pick as we got closer to fight night as well. Lomachenko is just gonna bull doze him. All his fans are gonna go mental like he just did something great.
            Platform shoes? Huh? Where did u see that?

Comment

What are some of you mother phuckers talking about? There isn't really much size difference lmao. Rigo's strength don't really rely on his size anyway, but on his speed and technical skill, so...

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                Platform shoes? Huh? Where did u see that?
                Was exaggerating obviously. Loma is wearing flats

Comment

'Basically the same size, doe'

**** off

Rigo is wearing platform shoes as well.

I almost started doubting my pick as we got closer to fight night as well. Lomachenko is just gonna bull doze him. All his fans are gonna go mental like he just did something great.
                  I have not heard anyone here say there are the same size. In fact even at 126lbs, many here agree that Loma is bigger because Rigo is basically a 118lber in 122lbs division.

This is a lose lose lose situtation for Loma
                  1. Don fight rigo - It is s duck.
                  2. Win and people like is gonna kill him for fighting a smaller fighter.
                  3. Lose and he'll get buried under the ****s that coming to him.

Arum is right. Just get this over with and move on.

Comment

When you look at that pic you think Lomo is too big for Rigo but then again.........

pics don't always tell the story.

Comment

HW's are HW's. Tyson was 220lbs and a genetic freak.

This isnt just about height. Look at the size of Loma, his build. Rigo looks like a got damn bantamweight. I forgot how small he was even for a 122lber.

Im not changing my tune here btw incase anyone comes saying im making excuses. I have not called for this fight since Loma moved to 130, nor do I think the outcome has ever been in doubt since he moved up from 126. Even 126 was a big stretch to fight someone as good as Lomachenko
                      People are hung up on the size, when what they should be hung up on is the age. 2017 is the year of great matchups on paper being made too late. The reason I dont criticize Loma for this (or the weight) or take away credit if he wins the way I criticized Canelo or even Ward suing his promoter for no reason and then requiring 3 tuneups waiting until Kovalev was 33 and no longer focused on boxing before fighting him is because Lomachenko actually offered Rigo the fight only like 6 or 7 fights into his career, at the earliest reasonable opportunity, and at 126, but Rigo turned it down. I think Loma even agreed to 124? I dont remember, but he definitely agree to 126 AND a rehydration clause, and the money was more than Gary Russell got too, so it wasn't a lowball either. But Caribe or someone nixed the fight.

So, Loma did right by Rigo. He offered Rigo the fight at 126 before moving up. But no one at 126 INCLUDING Rigo would fight him, so what choice did he have? He moved up. And now even at 37 years old, STILL no one will fight Rigo except for Lomachenko, and so now the fight is back on, happening once again in Lomachenko's current weight class. And unlike Salido vs Loma, or even Floyd vs Marquez, you can expect Lomachenko to actually make the weight, rather than getting an even bigger advantage over Rigo by coming in overweight.

Loma is doing it right. He has been and continues to try to fight the best. Even at 37 years old and at 130 pounds, Rigo is still avoided by everyone besides Lomachenko. So if Lomachenko wins, Im going to give him the full credit that being the only guy willing to fight Rigondeaux, now at 130 AND years ago at 126, and if he wins, being the only man to beat an undefeated Rigondeaux, deserves. Now if Loma gets outboxed every round and only wins because he chin checks Rigo late with his size advantage, it's a different story, but provided he puts on a good performance, the fact that he tried to fight Rigo two years ago at 126, and that Rigo's side is the one who turned it down, is a pivotal factor for why I will give Loma full credit, and the pivotal difference between the Loma-Rigo fight that is happening years past its best date and the other ones I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X