In the history of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
    Jeff was a phenom.
    Paul Gonzalez was probably on his way until his nose got in the way.

It's amazing to think now that Ray Leonard's 13th or 14th fight was against a trial horse named Floyd Mayweather.

Loma's been fighting champions from 2nd fight and on.
    Yeah, Fenech got screwed against Nelson too. Really after that fight it was downhill for him but he had a heck of a run up to and including that first Nelson fight.

Not the prettiest style of boxer but he had ring smarts and craft but really just proved too strong and relentless for anyone in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      Lomachencko lost to Salido
      Yeah I heard

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Yeah, Fenech got screwed against Nelson too. Really after that fight it was downhill for him but he had a heck of a run up to and including that first Nelson fight.

Not the prettiest style of boxer but he had ring smarts and craft but really just proved too strong and relentless for anyone in his prime.
        I still remember that robbery.
        Funny sh8 was people were chanting " bullsh8, bullsh# ".
        Don King pulled the this is America bullsh# rhetoric during the press-con.

Jeff's back was pretty much shot. Manny Steward could not help him in his comeback.

Jeff was one strong mofo. Made minced meat out of those early days IBF/USBAI title holders and challengers .

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Kenny porter. You can tell the difference, by looking at the sleeves. Lol Eubanks would have on the same outfit, but sleeveless
          Good point lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            Yeah I heard
            I couldn't tell based on how far down Loma's dick is in your throat

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
              Leon Spinks. lol
              Here comes the Loma had 1,000 amateur fights argument.
              Lol @ Spinks ranking for beating two shot champions and then losing to old as F Ali.

Comment

Decent resume, nothing special, let's be honest. Beat Russell, very good win, edged past Linares who is C+ level. Lost to Salido who is also C+ level. Beat several decent ish fighters, no more, no less. Will lose to Gervonta Davis when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  I couldn't tell based on how far down Loma's dick is in your throat
                  "You are g@y. Why are you g@y?"

Your screen name is LITERALLY dedicated to praising another man.

Ever since Obama was in office you g@ys have been bold. Please keep conversations normal. G@y sex talk makes me uncomfortable. And out of respect for you I won't mention hetero sex (that means straight) so I don't make you uncomfortable. Respect
                  Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 02-11-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Comparing resumes from different eras doesn't say much. The game has changed. Current pro boxers seem to step up in competition and fight for world titles quicker than in the past overall.

That Chinese light flyweight Lu Bin fought for a world title in his second pro fight - like Loma - and came up short. But it wasn't really his second pro fight, because he'd had many pro bouts under the WSB - like Loma - and APB. Uzbek super bantamweight prospect Akhmadaliev may fight for the WBA title next and he only has five pro bouts. And these guys are nowhere near as good as Lomachenko.

After beating Russell Jr. it was obvious that Lomacheko was going to quickly build a solid resume because when you are a world champ fighting on US soil and on premium cable TV, you must fight decent opponents at the very least. But as I said, we have to compare him with fighters of his era. Looking at the very recent history or future gives a better perspective on Loma's achievements.

Usyk has three more fights but arguably has a better resume. Beating Glowacki, Huck, Briedis, Gassiev and Bellew in their own backyard looks terrific.

Comment

Pay attention to the dates, you can't miss it.

Tom Lyons ended the three year reign of heavyweight champion Bill Darts in Tom's very first fight in 1769.

Jack Fearns ended the three year reign of heavyweight champion Harry Sellers in Fearn's first fight in 1779.

Ben Brian ended the seven year reign of heavyweight champion Tom Johnson in Brian's 8th fight in 1789.

Yep, exactly a decade apart for three decades straight. Pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                      X