No announcement yet.

Sex before a fight helps calm nerves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    Probably not a good practise to have sex or jerk off before lifting weights or any other hard physical activity. Immediately after orgasm we have a natural desire to rest...not exercise. As far as how long you need to rest for optimal recovery..I don't know. Maybe an hour, maybe a month.
    it also calms nerves nobody is going to get head in the dressing room man lol but the day before the fight is all good you will be nice and rested

Comment

Isn't that why Deontay has his girl at camp.
      Doesn't seem to affect his power.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Interesting info, you got a source for that?
        How source you looking to go?

Thing is that's Kleitomachos' claim to fame so if you search his name I am quite confident I will be corroborated regardless of how personalization changes our searches.

After that I do have a few books whose names I don't recall but I do own them so if you're interested in multiples I can provide I'm just being lazy. Boxing in the Time of Christ by Christopher James Shelton is my favorite ancient boxing book. it does mention Kleito and his abstinence, popularity, and accomplishments, but if you're interested in ancient olympia as a whole there are better books for that.

Beyond even that, I believe the main ancient source the historians use for their books is Plutarch, the Greek biographer.

Some ye olden words that might help anyone researching:

Triastes = Triple Crown

Periodoneikes = Undisputed

I can't remember the ancient term, but, there is one word that means "Downing" or "Heavy" champion. These champions are the men who unified the boxing, wrestling, and pankration crowns. Only Theaganese was able to do it outside of Kleito.

And Kleito's feat mimics Hercules which was actually a title itself "Successor of Hercules"

Finally, I for got this word too but it means "dustless" meaning he suffered no falls. Kleito went through the panhellenic games, won all three crowns, was the undisputed, unified, combat sports champion and did it while totally undefeated in wrestling.

Which means at some point prior to his accession to Downing Champion he had suffered a boxing and pankration loss before bouncing back as champion.

That's about the best I can do for y'all from memory. If you're actually interested in him I'll do a full thread and lay out what the historians have claimed.

Comment

That stupid myth of sex weakens legs needs to go away, they do studies that prove sex before a show, fight or speaking engagment actually relieves tension and stress.

Chriis Byrd and his wife did a scientific study to debunk the myth he had sex with his wife and then they had him doing drills and said his cardio and heart rate was much better, his body was also relax.
          Women weaken legs!

-Mick

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
            I know if I bust a nut before going to the gym, I don't feel the same drive.
            This. I don't want to be going into the ring all relaxed and ****.

Comment

it also calms nerves nobody is going to get head in the dressing room man lol but the day before the fight is all good you will be nice and rested
              Hmm.
              In the Kram book on Ali and Frazier, it states that after officially losing, Ali was back in his dressing room naked on the table when Diana Ross got on her knees and...

Comment

Sex before a fight can be quite calming...unless it's non-consensual.

Comment

My father always told me that masturbating wastes the same amount of energy as having sex 4 times .

Probably to keep me from locking myself in my room with my Buttman magazines .

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    Hmm.
                    In the Kram book on Ali and Frazier, it states that after officially losing, Ali was back in his dressing room naked on the table when Diana Ross got on her knees and...
                    Lol sounds fake but If true that was After not before.

Comment

Those ring card girls probably give head to every boxer before a fight. Sometimes you can catch those hoes with cumdrops dripping from their mouths just before the fight starts. Fvking pigs don't even have the etiquette to wipe up the excess jizz. I love those dirty b1chez.

Comment

Working...
                      X