Frank Warren: Major Interest From Other Promoters To Sign Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Warren: Major Interest From Other Promoters To Sign Anthony Joshua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnaWXJTl_dg

Frank Warren in his latest interview on IFL TV has confirmed he has reached out to Anthony Joshua to potentially sign AJ as his contract with Matchroom and Eddie Hearn comes to an end this summer. Warren also confirmed that other promoters such as Bob Arum and Dana White are also in talks with AJ.

Warren says its very possible AJ could end up leaving Eddie Hearn to promote himself or join another promotional team as BIG money is being offered to sign AJ.. Thoughts?

Originally posted by NahMean View Post

Frank Warren in his latest interview on IFL TV has confirmed he has reached out to Anthony Joshua to potentially sign AJ as his contract with Matchroom and Eddie Hearn comes to an end this summer. Warren also confirmed that other promoters such as Bob Arum and Dana White are also in talks with AJ.

Warren says its very possible AJ could end up leaving Eddie Hearn to promote himself or join another promotional team as BIG money is being offered to sign AJ.. Thoughts?
    He can't and won't.Hearn might take all the credit for him being the Catalyst,but the real reason goes by the name of Sky Sports.He dosen't stay at Matchroom,he won't be on Sky Box Office and therefore the money will dry up immediately.Does not make sense to change a winning formula.Joshua owes Sky a lot of credit for the way they have promoted him to the casuals and the TV Money they bring in for him.He might make Hearn take a lower cut but other than that,i dont see it changing

Comment

Everyone knows AJ would end up promoting himself, he already hint this. He manages other fighters, starting his own team and has clearly contradict Hearn in the past. This is why am surprised at the “AJ/Miller” might be next from Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
        He can't and won't.Hearn might take all the credit for him being the Catalyst,but the real reason goes by the name of Sky Sports.He dosen't stay at Matchroom,he won't be on Sky Box Office and the money will dry up immediately.
        I doubt Skysport would careless if he was promoting himself or with Hearn. He is box office and sky would probably work directly with him regardless of Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I doubt Skysport would careless if he was promoting himself or with Hearn. He is box office and sky would probably work directly with him regardless of Hearn.
          According to Hearn he has an exclusive deal with Sky. He's the only boxing promoter allowed to host fights on Sky. He said that after Eubank Sr went to Sky to put a fight on.

Comment

Not possible, Hearn has exclusive rights to promote boxing on Sky. Warren has BT sport.. that's a giant platform in itself but I'm not sure if BT sport have a PPV service.

Comment

Everyone knows AJ would end up promoting himself, he already hint this. He manages other fighters, starting his own team and has clearly contradict Hearn in the past. This is why am surprised at the “AJ/Miller” might be next from Hearn.
              AJ co promoted Chamber vs Okolie but when he was asked if he will co promote his own fights, he said he's already promoted by the best promoter so why would he. He also said promoting is time consuming and hard work and he doesn't have the time when he's in camp.. 100% of his focus needs to be at training.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post

AJ needs to leave Racist Bully Eddie Hearn and Promote Himself as he doesn't need any one at this stage of his career.

Just to be clear too, it's a Combination of winning the Gold Medal at 2012 London Olympics, BBC Live Coverage, SKY Pushing his brand including other Media owned by Murdoch that has created the powerhouse phenom that is AJ in terms of his marketabiliy.

Hearn has actually done very little in creating the AJ Brand.

Look at what Hearn did without SKY when trying to promote Danny Jacobs. He had a pathetic low rating for HBO and only 3 thousand Paid Tickets...absolute S h i t Show.

Also, Hearn has insulted AJ and made him out to be a Man Child on Many Occasions. AJ is 28 Years old FOR F U C K S Sake.

So AJ needs to learn from the mistakes of Audley Harrison when he promoted himself and make a success of his own promotional company.

Don't let Hearn treat you like a Slave and stop making Hearn rich for doing NOTHING!

Comment

I think he should be renting out promoters like Floyd did. I wouldn't sign outright with anyone if I was him. He needs to be getting that backend hotdog money & sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think he should be renting out promoters like Floyd did. I wouldn't sign outright with anyone if I was him. He needs to be getting that backend hotdog money & sh^t.

Joshua isnt really much of a talker or about promotion himself.

He dosent seem to me as a guy that cares about having a promoter behind him.

Im sure if he extends the contract with Hearn, the split will be on his terms.

Comment

Working...
                    X