Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Warren: "Daniel Dubois hits harder than Anthony Joshua and Lennox Lewis"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Warren: "Daniel Dubois hits harder than Anthony Joshua and Lennox Lewis"

"I think he punches harder than any British heavyweight I've ever seen. We're talking harder than Anthony Joshua, Frank Bruno, Lennox Lewis, all of them.

In terms of potential, I think he's in front of anyone I've ever had. He's 20. I would never be putting guys in to title shots after four fights but that's how confident I am in him.

I think he is an exceptional talent and an exceptional fighter,” Warren added. There are a couple of questions marks of course – we don't know what his chin is like yet.

How can he cope over 12 rounds? But the bottom line is, it will be some fighter who can ever take him 12 rounds.

He could win the British title today. I think the Board may be looking at changing the rule for him to fight for it before he's 21.”

I understand it's Warren's job to hype up Dubois but he does look to have a very bright future.

He's 5-0 so it's still very early but do you think he's got the real potential to catch up to AJ or even surpass him in the future?

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    I understand it's Warren's job to hype up Dubois but he does look to have a very bright future.

He's 5-0 so it's still very early but do you think he's got the real potential to catch up to AJ or even surpass him in the future?
    Think it should be Warren's job to try and seek some sort of alleviation to the obvious signs of dementia he is displaying. Never heard such bollocks before in my life lol

Comment

It’s way too early tell

Comment

Mark my words.. daniel dubois will show a more fragile chin than Frank Bruno.

As for punching harder than Lennox.. Frank needs to get his sons to have power of attorney and check himself into the looney bin. The old ****s finally gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post

As for punching harder than Lennox.. Frank needs to get his sons to have power of attorney and check himself into the looney bin. The old ****s finally gone mad.
          What do you base that on?

Comment

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Boxing is about more than just how hard you punch. Go ask the Russian Hammer about hitting hard for the most recent example of guys with huge power.

But sh^t man this is Warren's job. We all understand that. You don't become a boxing promoter to undersell your guy. You oversell your guy. Show me the promoter who hasn't thrown out there share of bs and I'll show you a bs promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post

Frank Bruno never had a fragile chin. His problem was that he tried to stay on his feet when he should have taken a knee. Whenever he was stopped he was on his feet.

Comment

One thing is for sure. The future of the Heavyweight division is British.

Comment

Many promoters go overboard bragging up their fighters these days. Look at the UFC. Every UFC fighter who wins a few fights in a row instantly becomes the new best PFP fighter in the world. Rousey was declared the greatest athlete in sports history until she got her ass kicked a few times. We have to decide for ourselves how good these new hot prospects are by what we see of them in the ring. Some promoters exaggerate to extremes.

Comment

Duboi pushes his punches more and is off balance which effects his accuracy ,hes heavy handed with o.k speed . I think he'll be another Bruno type puncher with slightly better technique but Joshua and Lewis has a better overall package for hitting harder .

But its early i remember Lewis started to become a more compact fighter as he got more fights and he started hitting to where he was considered a power puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X