A moment of honesty for once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
    Have you been in therapy?
    Nah, I was just rewatching the Golovkin-Jacobs fight and Ward-Kovalev fight this morning. While I gave the fights to Jacobs and Ward, there were many close rounds which one could disagree with me on. I saw how hard all of them fought, remembered how much excitement they gave us on fight night and thought "daamn, niqga, you really gonna hate on these lions?". We should pull ourselves together and be grateful for those exciting fights we were given.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
      Nah, I was just rewatching the Golovkin-Jacobs fight and Ward-Kovalev fight this morning. While I gave the fights to Jacobs and Ward, there were many close rounds which one could disagree with me on. I saw how hard all of them fought, remembered how much excitement they gave us on fight night and thought "daamn, niqga, you really gonna hate on these lions?". We should pull ourselves together and be grateful for those exciting fights we were given.
      Fair play. No way ward won...but he made it to the end and tried pretty hard. Golovkin jacobs was much closer and agreed a toss up...more i think because when golovkin got frustrated he lost interest and just rode out the second half of the fight.

Comment

Golovkin/Jacobs was much closer than Ward/Kovalev.

You literally have to give Ward every concession and close round to have Ward winning, which is insane.

I thought Jacobs beat Golovkin, but its one of those fights where you can't be too mad at the outcome. A draw would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          Fair play. No way ward won...but he made it to the end and tried pretty hard. Golovkin jacobs was much closer and agreed a toss up...more i think because when golovkin got frustrated he lost interest and just rode out the second half of the fight.
          Dude, don't say "no way Ward won". He did tremendous bodywork in the second half of the fight and he even hurt Kovalev at one point, where Kovalev hided his head outside of the ropes and wanted the referee to save him. It could have been a draw, but don't make it sound like Kovalev got robbed.

As for Golovkin-Jacobs, then I honestly just feel that they were on the same level, with "a lack of interest" being the last part to ever play a role in that fight...

Comment

Jacobs and Kovalev won those fights, but I'm not the type to complain about decisions when they are close fights.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Jacobs and Kovalev won those fights, but I'm not the type to complain about decisions when they are close fights.
              Well, THAT's an interesting perspective... I can't even figure out if you're white or black. You asian, bro?

Comment

Well Banko Villas, talking about honesty, I'd be interested to know about your connections to Chollo Vista and Kigali.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                  Well Banko Villas, talking about honesty, I'd be interested to know about your connections to Chollo Vista and Kigali.
                  Never heard about them until now.

Comment

Everyone said Kova won because of the knockdown and Ward won 5 of the last six, maybe 6 in all as Kova was just coasting. Then you had Ward winning at least 2 in the first half.. p4p supremacy. Compared to a less tactical bout in GGG vs Jacobs... I still gave GGG the 12th that edged it out. Two different bouts. However the problem could the current p4p rankings that have people focused on the bouts too much. Golovkin ahead of Kovalev is blasphemous to many which is why they have to commit in saying Kova won

Comment

Was expecting to get a laugh out of a known troll asking to be honest, but this was a good post.

Well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X