Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Maidana rematch??!! What more could El Chino do??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Gosh, even worse than the version that faced Castillo? If you would please isolate very specifically what about Floyd's movement, speed or reactions made you feel he has declined so DRAMATICALLY all of the sudden. I see you going into every thread preaching this like it's the gospel. How about some hard facts/logistics? Really curious why you're so adamant.
    Well I've been saying it since 2012 so it's hardly "All of a sudden".

How can I factually show this to you? I watch his fights and I see an obvious decline in his physical abilities and like I said I've been saying that since 2012.

Have no idea what the version of Floyd who fought Castillo has to do with anything obviously that's an entirely different fighter.

Comment

Back on-topic .....

Even with all the dirty tactics, he couldn't beat Floyd .... So what makes anyone think that without the low-blows, elbows, rabbit punches, knees, take-downs & head-butts, Maidana has any chance of getting a victory over Floyd.

Trust me, Bayless will be the next Ref. and all that shit stops!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'm not sure.

Depends how much Floyd slips from now to then.

Maidana fought the worst version of Floyd I've seen and lost so I'm not sure what more he could do.

But he's always going to trouble this version of Floyd in spots.
        When you say "this version of Floyd", are you implying that Maidana wouldn't have troubled a younger Mayweather?

IMO, Maidana came with a good gameplan and deserves credit for his performance. If he wants to win an eventual rematch, he needs to pressure Floyd for at least 7-8 rounds, but I don't think he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          When you say "this version of Floyd", are you implying that Maidana wouldn't have troubled a younger Mayweather?

IMO, Maidana came with a good gameplan and deserves credit for his performance. If he wants to win an eventual rematch, he needs to pressure Floyd for at least 7-8 rounds, but I don't think he can.
          I think he'd have still given him some issues with his rough aggressive style and awkwardness but I think a Floyd from 2006/2007 has a much easier time than today's version.

Maidana still deserves huge credit because Floyd's the best fighter in the world and he gave him some problems so despite the fact he's well beyond his prime he still deserves a lot of credit.

Comment

I don't get this no rematch stuff. Do you guys just want to see another guy fold under pressure and Floyds sharp shots again or something? Or do you want to see a guy who has no respect for Floyd go give it everything he has and possibly pull it out this time. We already know Maidana can be competitive. No one else has been in 12 years.

Comment

Well I've been saying it since 2012 so it's hardly "All of a sudden".

How can I factually show this to you? I watch his fights and I see an obvious decline in his physical abilities and like I said I've been saying that since 2012.

Have no idea what the version of Floyd who fought Castillo has to do with anything obviously that's an entirely different fighter.
              Oh, I see. You've already been saying that. Well, I've never seen you say it, but then I obviously haven't seen every post you've made since 2012. Maybe you can share some of those posts? Merely curious. If you don't feel you can back up that statement with forensic analysis I personally don't think you should make the statement in the first place- but that's me. As I'm sure you're aware most people have talked about Floyd in recent years like he hasn't lost a step. Now. Suddenly. He's a fighter in decline.. Funny timing, you know?

Comment

Oh, I see. You've already been saying that. Well, I've never seen you say it, but then I obviously haven't seen every post you've made since 2012. Maybe you can share some of those posts? Merely curious. If you don't feel you can back up that statement with forensic analysis I personally don't think you should make the statement in the first place- but that's me. As I'm sure you're aware most people have talked about Floyd in recent years like he hasn't lost a step. Now. Suddenly. He's a fighter in decline.. Funny timing, you know?
                Forensic evidence? What kind of forensic evidence are you after to determine a fighter is in decline? Watch his fights, that's all it takes.

I don't know where the posts are but there's plenty.

One of the reasons I thought Maidana would be Floyd's toughest fight in many years is because of the fact he's in decline matched with it's the first time he's fought someone who will push the pace for the entire fight since he's been in decline.

Me and IMDAZED have had many the discussion about the clear steady decline in Floyd's ability in the last 2 years.

BUNGALOWS and 4Corners are two posters you can refer to who I've had back and forth about it (Because they disagreed with me) about the fact he's been in decline.

I mean, the Cotto fight is a pretty obvious example of referance of his decline especially in footspeed, handspeed, reflexes etc.

Like I've been saying after both of his last two fights, the dominant victories he's had in his last two fights has managed to mask the obvious decline in his work. IMDAZED again being one that's also said the same thing.

I have no idea where these posts are. There will be plenty in the Master thread in the build up to this Maidana fight but obviously I don't have them on hand.

Either way, the decline from 2012-now to me is clearly apparent. He's been in decline since 2010 IMO, just not as much so as the passed few years.

It's a natural occurence considering he's 37 years old and in his 18th year as a professional. Pretty difficult to be at that stage of your career and not be well beyond your prime which of course Mayweather is.

Comment

Forensic evidence? What kind of forensic evidence are you after to determine a fighter is in decline? Watch his fights, that's all it takes.

I don't know where the posts are but there's plenty.

One of the reasons I thought Maidana would be Floyd's toughest fight in many years is because of the fact he's in decline matched with it's the first time he's fought someone who will push the pace for the entire fight since he's been in decline.

Me and IMDAZED have had many the discussion about the clear steady decline in Floyd's ability in the last 2 years.

BUNGALOWS and 4Corners are two posters you can refer to who I've had back and forth about it (Because they disagreed with me) about the fact he's been in decline.

I mean, the Cotto fight is a pretty obvious example of referance of his decline especially in footspeed, handspeed, reflexes etc.

Like I've been saying after both of his last two fights, the dominant victories he's had in his last two fights has managed to mask the obvious decline in his work. IMDAZED again being one that's also said the same thing.

I have no idea where these posts are. There will be plenty in the Master thread in the build up to this Maidana fight but obviously I don't have them on hand.

Either way, the decline from 2012-now to me is clearly apparent. He's been in decline since 2010 IMO, just not as much so as the passed few years.

It's a natural occurence considering he's 37 years old and in his 18th year as a professional. Pretty difficult to be at that stage of your career and not be well beyond your prime which of course Mayweather is.
                  Ok, so no posts and no analysis. Not enough to convince me personally but I respect everyone's right to an opinion.

Comment

Ok, so no posts and no analysis. Just general observation. Not enough to convince me personally but I respect everyone's right to an opinion.
                    I've got close to 25,000 posts mate. Am I supposed to save them incase someone asks me? I'm not going to lie about something I've said. I don't even know how to use the search function on here.

I don't understand why analysis is needed. What do you want?

The fact Cotto was having very little trouble landed the same punch consistently? The fact despite numerous attempts he couldn't land a single pull counter on Canelo because his timing and reflexes were off when he was trying to time him?

When he moves his hands to throw punches, it's considerably visibly slower compared to when he fought Marquez and Mosley and even Ortiz. As are his reflexes, as is his timing. He's easier to hit now, much easier.

He's still the best fighter in the world despite this. I've never said otherwise. He's far from shot. Just obviously well into decline. Again, naturally at his age and 18th year as a pro.

Comment

I've got close to 25,000 posts mate. Am I supposed to save them incase someone asks me? I'm not going to lie about something I've said. I don't even know how to use the search function on here.

I don't understand why analysis is needed. What do you want?

The fact Cotto was having very little trouble landed the same punch consistently? The fact despite numerous attempts he couldn't land a single pull counter on Canelo because his timing and reflexes were off when he was trying to time him?

When he moves his hands to throw punches, it's considerably visibly slower compared to when he fought Marquez and Mosley and even Ortiz. As are his reflexes, as is his timing. He's easier to hit now, much easier.

He's still the best fighter in the world despite this. I've never said otherwise. He's far from shot. Just obviously well into decline. Again, naturally at his age and 18th year as a pro.
                      "..obviously well into decline.." There you go again. And absolutely NOTHING to back it up. That's a huge statement, buddy. No idea where you're getting that from. Generically stating that he's 37 means zero to me. Bernard Hopkins PEAKED at 37. There were many occasions last night when Floyd flashed punches and changes in direction at blinding speeds. His physical condition is still the best in the sport. I guess we have different eyes. His result wasn't so great though, was it? Maybe that's what you're thinking of..

Comment

Working...
                      X