Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If khan beats Floyd, is that the greatest British win ever??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If khan beats Floyd, is that the greatest British win ever??

Please discuss,

How does it rank all time in British or even European history

stop trying to find anyway to hype this garbage of a fight. /end thread

Comment

Probably second to Turpins win over The Sugar man not that it would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
        Not trying to hype anything. I'm not a big fan of this fight, but this is history section not nsb so it's a legit question n historical terms IF it happens

Comment

It would be up there for sure. Certainly one of the best wins in the past 20 if not 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Not trying to hype anything. I'm not a big fan of this fight, but this is history section not nsb so it's a legit question n historical terms IF it happens
            Turpin's win over Robinson will stand for some time simply because Robinson was considered unbeatable at the time.........and also because of what Robinson achieved in his career after that loss.

If.....(and its a big 'if') Khan does meet Mayweather, and actually beats him it'll be a huge victory because Mayweather's recent form has been spectacular.

But Mayweather is in his late 30s and has been boxing for the best part of two decades..........he might lose at any time. He wouldn't be the first boxing superstar to grow old overnight. I can't forget how Pernell Whitaker seemed to go so quickly down hill, or De La Hoya, or Meldrick Taylor, Ray Leonard, Roy Jones, Mosley or Trinidad. Mayweather is long due a bad day in the office.

Kostya Tszyu looked in brilliant form before the Hatton fight! Few were picking McGuigan to beat Pedroza.

I personally think that Khan has the handspeed to offer Mayweather a good fight. I wouldn't expect him to win by any means; I'd expect Mayweather to time him with increasing regularity as the rounds pass and probably stop him late. But I could see Khan winning the odd early round on speed....much as Zab Judah did. Khan has a good fighting heart.........at the very least, the fight will be entertaining; far more so than either the Guerrero or Alvarez fights.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
              Nobody is forcing you to participate....this is a thread worthy subject

First off, kahn has a legitimate chance at the upset, he is a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather.

Kahn has the speed of Judah, we know Mayweather had some problems with Judah early and we know he got tagged by Mosley..

Kahn has a jab and Floyd's recent style has some problems with the jab.

Floyd has not been knocken them out lately and Kahn also when he gets pressed sometimes likes to brawl, which might actually help him not get gunshy against Mayweather.

I do think this would be an incredibe victory.

Just wanted to also say: I think Floyd would much rather fight Madianna because he knows it is a better match up for his style. Frankly I would be suprised if this fight goes through....I think Floyd really was hoping Bronner would not take the rematch.

Couldnt help but notice how Floyd was trying to steer Bronner away from the rematch ahemm!
              Last edited by billeau2; 01-20-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Turpin-Robinson will still be the biggest ever. Mayweather is in his late 30's, and if he loses it will be written off to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Turpin-Robinson will still be the biggest ever. Mayweather is in his late 30's, and if he loses it will be written off to that.
                  Well let's be hones that's the only way Khan beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Well let's be hones that's the only way Khan beats him.
                    Agreed. If Khan has one edge, it would be handspeed. And nothing exposes an aging fighter more than superior speed. But so far I've never seen a version of Mayweather that Khan can beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X