Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinChecker. Worst Chins in boxing. (ATM).DO you guys agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChinChecker. Worst Chins in boxing. (ATM).DO you guys agree?

Up to Date breaking news

GAMBOA have made the list.
    TY SO MUCH to the poster Medved in bringing this GLASS JAW fighter to my attention. I ****ed up bad by missing him, it won't happen again.

Reached a verdict regarding Kirkland.
    He did take some decent shots, but the fact he was dropped by a pillow fist Journeyman really does hurt his standings. Harrison probably got more glass then him though, so Mandingo will drop to 8th for now.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE RANKINGS.
    Please tell me who should be higher, lower, off the list,
    on the list. Thank you all so much.

I also realize a number of these fighters are loved by many and I like to APOLOGIZE for indirectly insulting them because of their chins.

They are all good to Great fighters with one ATG (Wladimir). I 100% respect them and their fans. I love them all. That being said, I can not allow my personal feelings and my gentle nature to conflict with my line of work.

I got into boxing only a few weeks ago, since then I have watched over 600+ fights.

Other then loving Anthony Joshua, my 2nd love when it comes to boxing is chins. I love checking chins and seeing who got a 'weak chin', I have discovered a list of the worst possible chins in boxing atm. Here is current

p4p Worst Chins in boxing, active fighters.

1- Amir 'King' Khan
    This guy got no chin. None. I watched 8 of his fights and this guy got the worst chin in boxing. It is surreal to me how he managed to make millions and be one of the most famous boxers in the world with such a chin. He was rocked by a variety of punchers, semi punchers and journeymen. He also was doing the Bambi Leg dance in 2 different fights, Prescott and Garcia. That being said, I really really like Amir and think he still got a good-very good future depending on his trainer. But his chin is disgustingly weak.

2- Roy Jones Jr
    I only recently started watching boxing, so I don't know Roy Jones's past histories that well. It don't matter, since this is CURRENT P4P Glass Jaw rankings. Roy got by far the 2nd worst chin in boxing atm. He was rocked and dropped by a Polish Taxi Driver who had a grand total of 4 knockouts in like 30 fights. The Pole had the weakest fists in the 175+ Divisions and still managed to drop Roy. His chin is gone. I fear for his health also, the accumulation of knock outs by the likes of Tarver, Johnson, Green, etc are too much. I heard he's fighting a legit young Prime CW next, expect Kayote to knock out Roy Jones Jr. Most likely Cold. That being said, everyone seem to love Roy and I will watch some of his 90's fights to figure out what exactly went wrong.

2- Jermaine Taylor
    Tied with Roy Jones Jr. I really like his style but for now he is in a dog fight with Roy for that p4p 2 spot. I expect him to actaully TAKE OVER the #1 spot from Amir within his next 3-4 fights.

3-Enzo Maccarinelli
    The only reason he's not #1 is because he have stop fighting big punchers because he realize he is harboring one of the worst jaws in boxing. I don't wanna talk to much about this guy, it's depressing.

4- Allen Green.
    This guy needs to retire, he's a long way from p4p top 2 spot on this list, but I see him surpassing Enzo with the lack of fights Enzo will soon be taking.

5-Lucian Bute
    This guy was actually KNOCKED OUT years ago and his jaw was exposed, but when I watched that fight, refs saved him. Carl Froch made it so refs can't even help him up. Lucian is fighting another puncher next, expect him to get wobbled but not dropped because that puncher is a borderline journeyman. That being said, Lucian can drop out of the p4p rankings if he UD Froch without getting dropped or hurt in the rematch.

6-GAMBOA-Missed him out the first time, can not believe his fans attempted to hide this glass mandible. Great talent, but absolutely SHAKY as **** chin. Dropped multiple times, in sparring as well. Looks like he got some sort of balance issues and was actually wobbled by a jab.

7-Audrey Harrison.
    Only reason he's so low is because of his lack of fights, wait for him to content for p4p 1-3 after he fights Price.

8-James Kirkland
    Dropped by a feather fist journeymen, multiple times. I feel that he is harboring a glass jaw that is actually higher up on the p4p lists. BUT MANY PEOPLE DO NOT FEEL THIS WAY. We shall see. I am only human and will make mistakes.

9- Zab Judah.
    Zab's chin have actaully improved, hence his drop in rankings. I wish I was watching boxing live at the time his chin was truely top p4p stuff, but it has gotten a little stronger.

10-Wladimir Klitsechko
    ONE OF TWO ATGs on the list, it is a testimoney to his amazing trainer and his ability to adapt that he have managed to become an ATG HW with the worst chin out of any ATG Hw's in the history of boxing.

Wladimir got no chin, none. There was a stretch of time when he was the lone undisputed p4p #1 in glass.
    Purrity, Sanders, Brewster and Peters dropped a combined 14 times. That is shocking. Wladimir did display the courage and ability to stand up again and again, only to be knocked down. Weak Chin>then Strong Will. It is proven.

That being said, he have adapted and is now using his vast physical advantages and his jab-grab-jab-grab-clinch tactics to protect the fragile jaw.

I expect Wladimir to drop out of the p4p glass rankings real soon, it is disputable that he should be on the p4p list even now.
    A future Wilder right hand though could very well elevate him up to top 5 p4p.
    We shall see

Looking in from the outside

Victor Ortiz.
    Thomaz Adamek.
    (he was only down a few times, but the fact that he got dropped by feather fist Bad Chad and almost got KOED by a range finder jab makes his chin very very suspicious)
    Yes
    17.07%
    No
    26.83%
    I mostly agree
    17.07%
    I somewhat agree
    39.02%
    Last edited by TheChinChecker; 08-12-2012, 05:45 AM.

James Kirkland has a hell of a chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
      James Kirkland has a hell of a chin.
      I might be a big ****ing noob when it comes to boxing overall, but when it comes to chins and Anthony Joshua I am a pro.

I don't know much about tactics or Floyd or Pacquaio or Oscar or 'legacies' but I DO KNOW about weak chins.

Kirkland got one of the worst chins in boxing , he will be exposed the very next time he fight a big puncher.

Comment

Kirkland should be higher.....

Can't get stopped by a feather fisted japanese journeymen with 6 kos in his mid 30's in 1 round and have a good chin

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Kirkland should be higher..... Can't get stopped by a feather fisted japanese journeymen with 6 kos in his mid 30's in 1 round and have a good chin
          Hmm. Great point. Thank you very much for your input. But we are talking about an accumulation of weak chin showings. Kirkland was wobbled against several fighters but was destroyed only once in terms of chins.

But I see what you are saying. I will take this into consideration.

Comment

This should be the new guys avi.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
              I might be a big ****ing noob when it comes to boxing overall, but when it comes to chins and Anthony Joshua I am a pro.

I don't know much about tactics or Floyd or Pacquaio or Oscar or 'legacies' but I DO KNOW about weak chins.

Kirkland got one of the worst chins in boxing , he will be exposed the very next time he fight a big puncher.
              Everyone said the same thing when he fought Angulo. Angulo is one of the hardest if not the hardest puncher at 154 pounds. He dropped Kirkland, hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, and Kirkland came back and destroyed Angulo.

Comment

Everyone said the same thing when he fought Angulo. Angulo is one of the hardest if not the hardest puncher at 154 pounds. He dropped Kirkland, hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, and Kirkland came back and destroyed Angulo.
                Kirkland has great heart and recovery ability but his chin is most certainly below average. His track record proves this.

Comment

Exactly...

Comment

We got another poster saying Kirkland should be HIGHER on the list, you are saying he shouldn't even be on the list? (Not sure if that's what you are saying).

It is up for debate, hence the rankings I made are published so the public can see. If he fights a big puncher in September, and shows a good chin, I will take him off.

But chins have very little to do with a fighter's legacy or resume. I mean you can be an ATG or Hall of Famer with a weak or average chin.

Wladimir, Tommy Hearns,Trinidad,Lewis, none of them got 'great' chins but they are all ATGS.

Comment

Working...
                    X