Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some old fashioned training methods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some old fashioned training methods?

Some fighters in our era today do them. (Kelly pavlik and James Kirkland) what are some more methods?

I'm really not sure.

To my knowledge (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the generally accepted ways of training such as ; sparring, roadwork, skipping rope, heavybag, speedbag, crunches, and strength training (be it weights, or the sledgehammer) have been around for as long as the sport itself.

Everybody seems to follow that routine to the T, with very little variation except for personal perference or particular dieting habits.

Comment

Rocky Marciano used to say that going under water and shadowboxing with full intensity was an integral part of his training.

theres a lot of things I've heard over the years. farming, carrying slopbuckets, swimming in an ice hole

Comment

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
        Rocky Marciano used to say that going under water and shadowboxing with full intensity was an integral part of his training.

theres a lot of things I've heard over the years. farming, carrying slopbuckets, swimming in an ice hole
        Yup.

Muhammad Ali used to shadowbox underwater from time to time as well.

Never heard of the slopbuckets and ice holes though.

Who did that stuff?

Comment

Harry Greb and Mickey Walker:

Go to bar, drink whiskey, get in bar fight, sleep with prostitute, return to bar.

Comment

Working...
          X