Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-24-2018, 06:51 PM #161
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 972 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 128,741,762,838,529.94
Total Points: 128,741,762,950,699.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked_26 View Post
I think Yarde and his team are very careful about the his career trajectory at this stage. He shouldn't really be topping bills but I guess he's a popular dude.

I'm not really on the bandwagon just yet because it just seems too early. Previously I felt they were moving too slowly and looking to pick and choose but that's their prerogative.

Tricky to match him now because I think their sceptical about facing Burton for sure and Buglioni too.
Yep this is the way I see it, don't see him in with Burton or Buglioni right now, maybe 4-5 fights time.

The thing I don't get with some of the guys on this thread or in general, this isn't really guy who bigs himself up, it's not his fault he has developed a fan following, I agree with you that it's difficult to match him. People need to be more realistic with their expectations of him though.
sunny31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-24-2018, 06:59 PM #162
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Boxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud ofBoxnation fan has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,512,972,265,485,477.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
Wilder was brought along perfectly. He wouldn't be the fighter he is today if he hadn't been. You can't overlook the fights that have fallen through either, anyway that's a different subject.

Yarde has very little amateur experience and he has a skill based style. If there was ever a fighter who probably needs 25-30 fights before he steps up for a world title shot it's Yarde. There have been plenty of fighters with much more amateur experience who have taken that route

I would still be looking at journemen for him at this stage, just progressively harder, probably British/commonwealth in the next 4-5 fights. European in 8-10 fights and if he gets through that then world title.
Agree with this.

People forget that Yarde only had around 12 Amateur fights which is nothing for a boxer so taking his time as a Pro is the best thing for him at this stage.

Why put him in against hard just to please some fans? A trainer and promoter has to do whats best for the Fighter.

I do think he'll be moved along a bit quicker then you've mentioned though.

Its also a joke when people say he doesn't want the Frank Buglioni fight haha are they being serious? Buglioni couldn't beat Nikola Sjekloca let alone Yarde.

Yarde would destroy him inside 4 rounds.
Boxnation fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:33 PM #163
Celtic Champion

Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
White Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,293,250,258,458,427,392.00
Total Points: 24,293,250,258,458,509,312.00

That's all well and good, but how can you be the main event, against a tomato can? The man gets a ton of hype yet he's never had a competetive fight.

The hell is sunny on about, a skill-based style? He is crude as hell. He relies on raw power and being stronger and more explosive than his opponent. That shoulder roll defence leaves his chin wide open too.

Was the talk of "The Beast from the East" a reference to Sergey Kovalev?
White Willie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:40 PM #164
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2180 Post(s)
Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,000,007,395,719,774,208.00
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
Yep this is the way I see it, don't see him in with Burton or Buglioni right now, maybe 4-5 fights time.

The thing I don't get with some of the guys on this thread or in general, this isn't really guy who bigs himself up, it's not his fault he has developed a fan following, I agree with you that it's difficult to match him. People need to be more realistic with their expectations of him though.
I myself have adjusted what I expect from him now tbh.

Because he looks the part and his fights haven't really been too competitive so I had kind of got impatient to to find out his level.

But they clearly didn't want to face Hosea Burton in an eliminator and they seem content to take the slow road. Taking incremental steps.

I believe Burton is a better fighter than Buglioni so it kind of makes sense to swerve him if you can get Buglioni anyway.

There is no harm in them taking their sweet time really. The only issue from a fan's perspective comes when it takes up top billing and big tv time. But like we said, that isn't his fault that he's a popular lad.

So just like they can pick and choose opponents we as fans can still pick and choose to tune in.

I likely won't watch a Yarde fight until he takes on a top domestic opponent because that will be the first acid test.
Sparked_26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:47 PM #165
Celtic Champion

Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
White Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,293,250,258,458,427,392.00
Total Points: 24,293,250,258,458,509,312.00

Bob Ajisafe would be a good opponent to force the British title fight with Frank Buglioni. Seems Hosea Burton is making the move to Cruiserweight permanent. Another good opponent would be Dominic Boesel, who is likely to become the European champion next weekend. These aren't world beaters, and I'm not just looking to see Yarde lose. But I want to see him in entertaining contests rather than just tearing down heavybags.
White Willie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 AM #166
Banned

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
inferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these partsinferiorTodd is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,000,001,148.21

I doubt he will be able to make light heavyweight by the time he fights a real fighter.
inferiorTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:59 AM #167
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Fabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud ofFabes88 has much to be proud of
Bank: 706,416,627.14
Total Points: 30,686,458,420.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Willie View Post
Let's just hope Yarde fights a good, natural, world-ranked Light Heavyweight some day.
Lol honestly it’s grtting ridiculous. I don’t think he needs to fight at world level yet even British would be nice.

I’m done with these warren cards until Yarde and Dubois stop fighting overmatched opponents.

Last edited by Fabes88; 02-25-2018 at 04:04 AM.
Fabes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:58 AM #168
Paul Williams beat Lara

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2.25
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,000,014,464.00
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Sheer strength and athlethicism will carry Yarde a long way, but I think there are dangerous sings of him being lazy with his approach to technique, footwork and overall boxing craft...
He tries to use philly shell - which is what a lot athethic fighters do because it works against guys who don't have strength to get you out of position - and allows you to be comfortable whileaggressive - but he doesn't really understand the concept behind it and it will cost him once he steps up.

Long way to go, great talent and obviously puts in work from physical preparation stand-point, but he has Eubank-ish look about him, being too comfortable with his strengths and neglecting his weaknesses...

I think he should get in camp with some of the top 168-200 fights in the world - Gvozdyk, Kovalev, Betterbiev, Jack - train with people who will make him pay for mistakes. Not sure who he trains with in his gym...
Mastrangelo is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
anthony, averlant, daniel, dessaux, dubois, gorman, jones, nathan, yarde

User Tag List