No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's Olympic Bronze Medal = SKILLS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    It would say more about talent than skills because he didn't have the time to really develop boxing skills. Dude is a freak athlete though, and that is where his talent lies he can get away with his awkward fighting style because he is highly athletic for his size. That allows him to apply his powerful punches in ways that is in a way that is not common making him more difficult to fight that it appears.

The Olympics was a start of showing that raw talent that could be turned into something given time. For a guy that apparently can't box a lick according to most (especially early on) he has done pretty well for himself~
    If he had boxed since he was a kid, he'd be great.

Comment

skills and deontay wilder? are you kidding me? if you want to see skills, you should look at the man in my profile picture.

Comment

When he beats someone who can actually box... then let's talk.

Comment

Heavyweight is kind of a wildcard in this regard... A guy with that physical stature can go pretty far without very developed skills

As someone else mentioned david price also won a bronze olympic medal (and is also nearly 7 ft tall...)

A bronze medal is one thing, being one of those rare giants who actually has skills like Lennox or a Klitschko or even getting to Fury's level (despite pissing it away) is another thing
          Last edited by ////; 10-03-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            Heavyweight is kind of a wildcard in this regard... A guy with that physical stature can go pretty far without very developed skills

As someone else mentioned david price also won a bronze olympic medal (and is also nearly 7 ft tall...)
            Yea thats unique for HWs,IMO he have some skills but his very Sloppy and have no game plan a all.

Comment

Not that i'm knocking anyone who wins an olympic medal, it's a great achievement but Audley Harrison has an Olympic gold and David Price has an olympic bronze. Need i say more?

Comment

Isn't Big George the fist Gold Medalist to knock down opponents out of the ring with clinching?

Comment

Haters. Deontay not only has the bronze in his resume ( with virtually no experience) but more wins vs. top 20 heavyweights than any other current champion and incase you forgot he owns the most coveted title ( the WBC ) most defenses out of all HW champions best resume out all current HW champions...and that power tho...most exciting most entertaining!!! BOMBSQUAD!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X