Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any dominicanos in the house? need travel advice!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any dominicanos in the house? need travel advice!

so I've been saving up some of my pennies and I was originally supposed to go to Jamaica for my birthday but I'd rather wait to go for Sumfest. anyway, I was looking at going to the Dominican Republic in February since it's Carnival time. I'm well aware that this is peak tourist time and as a result prices skyrocket. I'm wondering if it's worth it and if so, what are some good places to check out, parties and nice beaches? I've heard that Punta Cana isn't that good during this season and La Vega is where it's at.. can any of you give me travel advice? I'd greatly appreciate it!

I can't really give you a lot of advice despite being from there, and my hometown being La Vega. But yes, the Carnival in La Vega every Sunday of February is really good. A lot of hot women, seriously. Just stay away from those guys with the suits, sh-t feels like rocks when they hit you. But it's fun for the experience. Just let them hit you just so you can say you got hit, so you can experience it. That's what I did, but I was 16 years old.

I'm more of a resort type of a guy. I go to DR to go to resorts, they are really nice, beaches are clean, food is great, I've had a great time to each and every resort i've gone.

Yeah the money is worth paying if you go like with other people obviously, but it's like that anywhere. If you have money, DR is great.

Comment

As far as beaches go. Playa Dorada and La Terrena are great.

Punta Cana Resort, i've been there. It's great.

Comment

Been in DR 4 times, 2x in Punta Cana and 2x in Puerta Plata

I always stay in an all inclusive resort but also left for a few days to stay with my friends who live there. There wasnt much of a difference but i just went there to relax

Comment

that's what I'm pretty much going to do.. although I'll party a day or two while I'm there. but mostly I'm just looking to lounge around and relax. thanks for the help guys! i'm gonna look into the places you've noted.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I can't really give you a lot of advice despite being from there, and my hometown being La Vega. But yes, the Carnival in La Vega every Sunday of February is really good. A lot of hot women, seriously. Just stay away from those guys with the suits, sh-t feels like rocks when they hit you. But it's fun for the experience. Just let them hit you just so you can say you got hit, so you can experience it. That's what I did, but I was 16 years old.

I'm more of a resort type of a guy. I go to DR to go to resorts, they are really nice, beaches are clean, food is great, I've had a great time to each and every resort i've gone.

Yeah the money is worth paying if you go like with other people obviously, but it's like that anywhere. If you have money, DR is great.
            I've been to La Vega...I think it was for a motorcycle race that used to take place on Sunday's...it was a long time ago though and I could be mistaking...actually they were motoconcho's...LOL. I used to live just outside of Puerto Plata in a small development called Costambar...do you know where that is? I loved it there...good times.

Comment

Working...
            X