This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    The ten commandments may be referenced in the new testament but they are not from the new testament as asserted by "Nick Name" who had already stated that the "bible" was distinct from the "gospels" and that it is "the gospels" that I should be looking to for guidance.
    the gospels are just john paul george and ringo or something like that right?

well thats the new testimate.....i dont know about the gospel but if you have the jefferson bible that should be all you need..... as in the opinion of TJ christianity is the most complete religion and his bible is like the gospels combined into one and with out all the miracles.

the ten commandments are not refrenced in the new testimate.....no were in the new testimate does it have some story with a * see commandment #1 ect ect.

the ten commandments are brought into fruition in the new testimate, clarafied and expaned upon, they are not simply refrenced.

if your expecting there to be some where that jesus sets down 10 laws for which all people should follow its not going to appear in the new testimate. can you really see jesus up there preaching to his followers...do this or your going to hell!!!!!!the man who said to love they enemy threating his followers with hell???? no jesus wants you to accept his way of life in your heart not in your society...he dosnt want you to be threatened into following his way he wants you to chose it on your own because its the right thing to do.
    to have put a list in the new testimate of what he expects of people would be the opposite of what he expects of people.

that there is no ten commandments listed is just a fruther clarification of what the ten commandments are ment to be.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 02-10-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• I will become a shaheed and my place in heaven is already secured. Allah yaqtal kul alkilab walkhanazir asuyuneen .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
        False, it is referred in the Book of Isaiah as "Morning Star" or "Day Star".
        http://www.crivoice.org/lucifer.html
        http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...17&version=NIV
        "Lucifer" is mentioned in Isiah, but not as a name. Lucifer is a word meaning Lightbringer, not a name of an entity. Lucifer wasn't regarded as a name of an entity until much later.

Come on, what's the deal? You really thought that the motherf()ckin Devil, the no.1 God's enemy, the tempter, the wicked one, Beelzebub himself was never mentioned in the Bible? Where do you come from, buddyyyyyy??? Squealpiggy, what the f()ck have you been smoking to type such a massive amount of crap???
        I never said that "the devil" and "satan" were not mentioned. A said that this just-so story about a heavenly rebellion doesn't happen in the bible.

P.S. Of course also a lot of stories are told in the Jewish tradition that refer to the Devil, to evil etc. The point is not what or if any of these legends is actual history, the point is
        The point you were trying to make is that all the answers are in your holy book, yet you're resorting to going outside your holy book for stories and not even known what's in your holy book.

that Evil EXISTS: if you don't believe it, you can't be saved.
        Evil exists? OK then, define it. Explain what evil is.

Comment

"Lucifer" is mentioned in Isiah, but not as a name. Lucifer is a word meaning Lightbringer, not a name of an entity. Lucifer wasn't regarded as a name of an entity until much later.
          Not as a name of an entity? And as a name of what? A truck bumper?

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I never said that "the devil" and "satan" were not mentioned. A said that this just-so story about a heavenly rebellion doesn't happen in the bible.
          Oh Geez, here he comes with the little nerdy details... Just as worth as discussing over Star Wars movies bloopers.
          Did you know that Chewie's complete name is Chewbacca? And his family is composed by Mallatobuck, Attichitcuk, and Lumpawarrump. They live together on Kashyyyk. Go get the chips and coke, we're going to have fun! No females allowed!
          Next week: Lord of The Rings marathon.

The point you were trying to make is that all the answers are in your holy book, yet you're resorting to going outside your holy book for stories and not even known what's in your holy book.
          Nope, man, that's not my point at all... The answers are in Faith... Reading the Bible is not enough to make you gain heaven. There are lots of people who never read one verse of the Bible, lived a life of sin, repented themselves on their last second and were saved. A book can't save your soul, faith in God can.

Evil exists? OK then, define it. Explain what evil is.
          Uhm... Opposite of Good?

Comment

Not as a name of an entity? And as a name of what? A truck bumper?
            No, it's a word, not a name. You posted a wikipedia link, how come you never read it?

Oh Geez, here he comes with the little nerdy details... Just as worth as discussing over Star Wars movies bloopers.
            Did you know that Chewie's complete name is Chewbacca? And his family is composed by Mallatobuck, Attichitcuk, and Lumpawarrump. They live together on Kashyyyk. Go get the chips and coke, we're going to have fun! No females allowed!
            Next week: Lord of The Rings marathon.
            When you instruct me to refer to the bible for things that are not in the bible that's not exactly a "small nerdy detail". I know your religion better than you do.

Nope, man, that's not my point at all... The answers are in Faith... Reading the Bible is not enough to make you gain heaven. There are lots of people who never read one verse of the Bible, lived a life of sin, repented themselves on their last second and were saved. A book can't save your soul, faith in God can.
            A book can't save your soul because souls do not exist. Telling me that reading the Bible can't save my eternal soul from being tortured in hell by the devil is like me telling you that reading The Hobbit can't save Middle Earth from being overcome by Orcs commanded by Sauron.

Uhm... Opposite of Good?
            That's a bit of a poor attempt. Try again. Define "evil".

Comment

A book can't save your soul because souls do not exist.

Yes, I assure you that souls DO exist and they exist forever.

Telling me that reading the Bible can't save my eternal soul from being tortured in hell by the devil is like me telling you that reading The Hobbit can't save Middle Earth from being overcome by Orcs commanded by Sauron.

Reading a book can't save you but Jesus Christ can.

My responses are in bold.

Evil is anything that goes against God's laws and conviction of the concience.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                My responses are in bold.
                Your responses are "Oh no it isn't!"?

What are you, a pantomime dame?

Evil is anything that goes against God's laws and conviction of the concience.
                You mean failing to stone an adulteress? Or are you going to take a gospel quote out of context and use it to justify picking and choosing again?

Comment

• Comment

No, it's a word, not a name. You posted a wikipedia link, how come you never read it?
                    lol, this is actually half-funny half-pathetic: "it's a word, not a name": every name refers to something: even my name, my real name, is a word. When someone says that word, he says my name. "Lightbrighter", or "Day Star", or however the translation might vary, those are words that mean the name of the Devil.
                    "Squealpiggy" is also a word: it's a word that means your username. "Moron" is also a word, that describes your attitude here.

When you instruct me to refer to the bible for things that are not in the bible that's not exactly a "small nerdy detail". I know your religion better than you do.
                    Nope, you know how to jerk off better than I do. :wank:

A book can't save your soul because souls do not exist. Telling me that reading the Bible can't save my eternal soul from being tortured in hell by the devil is like me telling you that reading The Hobbit can't save Middle Earth from being overcome by Orcs commanded by Sauron.
                    Instead I can tell you that souls exist, and they live forever, just like user xfrodobagginsx told you.

Nope. What I've answered you is more than enough: if something isn't good, then it's evil.
                    Example: if you don't do a certain job correctly, you're doing it wrong. There are no in-betweens. That's why mistakes happen: when you do something wrong, i.e. evil, and you must fix by saying "sorry" and repair the fault.
                    Is this enough for an attempt? Or you wanna ask me a third time?

Comment

Nope. What I've answered you is more than enough: if something isn't good, then it's evil.
                      Example: if you don't do a certain job correctly, you're doing it wrong. There are no in-betweens. That's why mistakes happen: when you do something wrong, i.e. evil, and you must fix by saying "sorry" and repair the fault.
                      Is this enough for an attempt? Or you wanna ask me a third time?

there are near infinate ways to get the same job done.....are you saying because i dont do it how you tell me to, my way of doing it is evil?

example: you "multiply 6*4 to get 24"
                      me "2*12 is 24"
                      you "thats evil"

Comment

Working...
                      X