Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Very Interested in Bringing Canelo and Golovkin To ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev was discarded by HBO SMH Arum didn’t do anything special.. Berchelt hasn’t fought on HBO in ages since Golden Boy parted ways with him.

Canelo will either re-sign with HBO or head to Facebook.. Oscar will parlay this into a major content deal one way or the other.

Comment

Someone needs to sodomise this crusty old coffindodger with a frozen sausage. Needs to keep his grubby formaldehyde fingers off any top fighters.

Comment

Good move by Robert. ESPN is the biggest in worldwide sports. They can make money moves to put the big name fights on the new espn plus. Clenelo and lil G should sign.

Comment

Canelo is like the only big name GBP fighter left.GBP aint using Arum to put him on ESPN. If they wanted to put the fight on ESPN, they could just talk to ESPN, they dont need to give Arum a cut for no reason. Or they can stay on HBO. Or they can go to showtime.

Promoters are all scumbag opportunists.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if both these guys went to ESPN.
            Would definately give the app deal a huge boost and they always put on a decent production.
            I know alot of posters will be hating on this because good ole Bob will be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              I think its a given Canelo goes to Espn and most likely Gennady also

TR & ESPn need all the big names they can get because while it’s not really Discussed by the media or on this forum is their ratings ( with the exception of Manny/Horn , Some Loma and Bud fights ) have been absolute sh.it

They basically avg at or below Showtime viewership numbers with 3x the subscribers.

I guess this shows he sway Arum and TR have over the media because PBC was getting roasted for their ratings on espn and if I remember correctly they basically sh.it on almost all the cards TR cards as far as viewers
              It's actually funny you me. It's the most blatant example of media bias in the sport imo. Top Rank has yet to deliver good ratings without a solid lead-in program. I think Manny v Horn and Loma v. Linares are the only fights that were exceptions.

The PBC cards were all clearing 1M views on ESPN lol but I heard that behind the scenes ESPN wanted to do an exclusive deal with PBC but Al wouldn't cut Showtime out of the deal. Apparently FOX wanted an exclusive deal too, but Al again wanted to be loyal to Espinoza. He gave Showtime an opportunity to come with an attractive deal (and that's what happened).
              Last edited by Butch.McRae; 09-23-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Canelo is like the only big name GBP fighter left.GBP aint using Arum to put him on ESPN. If they wanted to put the fight on ESPN, they could just talk to ESPN, they dont need to give Arum a cut for no reason. Or they can stay on HBO. Or they can go to showtime.

Promoters are all scumbag opportunists.
                That's why I'm laughing at posters here acting like Oscar would allow himself to become an affiliate for Bob.

That won't ever happen. GBP will leverage Canelo in an effort to get their own content deal. That's why I think Showtime or DAZN are the leaders in the race. Canelo will get a massive guarantee from somebody. I don't think it'll be ESPN.

Btw, if it's DAZN or Showtime, it'll be a GBP deal. Not affiliated with Mathroom or PBC. Oscar is not going to be "working" for any other promoter.

Comment

I think Canelo goes to ESPN. They need a big name and Loma/Bud aren’t cutting it. They also have the ESPN PPV arm that I’m sure they wanna use.

Comment

If canelo fights on basic free TV. He will be a star but that I don't know English stuff will not fly.

Comment

As much as I hate Bob Arum, TR is doing a good job @ ESPN! Canelo would be huge! ESPN would love to get Canelo vs. GGG III!

Comment

Working...
                      X