Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did Floyd Beat Maidana and Castillo? Power punches count more right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
    Castillo and Maidana don't have a lot of power in the first place
    Yeah 31 KO's in 35 victories and 57 ko's in 66 victories. Absolutely nothing.

Comment

Floyd got a gift decision vs Castillo in the first fight. Credit to him for the immediate rematch that he clearly won.

Comment

I'm just here for some of those straws the OP is grasping at...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Everybody already knows this and the big majority scored more rounds for GGG. Yesterday a guy posted media and fan scorecards. In a poll of 1743 fans the average fan scorecard had GGG winning 116 to 113.
          No, everyone doesn't know this if you read the threads on this. Posters make up their own criteria.

Thats the problem with using fan scores to justify your personal opinion that GGG won. Many fans don't know how to score a fight and many others use their own scoring system.

In either case, if they disagree with the judges, it doesn't matter because the judges can't use "dramashow's scoring system" or "boilidogs personal punch count", if you get my point.

Unless media members and fans are scoring the fight based on the same rule the judges are required to follow, the score presented is not valid.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            The punch counters are neutral. They just count punches and don't care how they add up so I pay attention to them after I score a fight by what I saw. It's not written in stone that the computer numbers are correct. Their numbers can be wrong. they could score misses as landed punches or landed punches as misses. They make mistakes.
            It's not a computer. It's just a man who has a clicker. Like all men. A man can be biased.

That said, that fight was a draw. Canelo was giving pain and depositing good body shots throughout the fight. I even got the impression GGG being chopped off and will fall down eventually, but as the rounds flew buy. GGG showed heavy lethal shots that rocked Canelo. Tit for tat the whole 12 rounds. Anyone could have won that night, but I prefer a draw. Both didn't do enough to get the W. They just equally inflicted pain.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              what rounds did you give GGG??
              Ggg won 7 rounds very clearly and I gave him a swing round. It wasn't a hard fight to score. I gave canelo the 12rh aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Maidana not only landed more power punches, he also bullied Floyd on the ropes. Floyd's ring generalship was non-existant.

Canelo never once put GGG against the ropes and was outpunched at a higher margin.

So my question is, how did Floyd win?
                Paid off Judges Floyd knows Castillo and Madaina beat him thats why he gave rematches to vindicate himself

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  If we use floyd boy logic even Pacquiao beat Floyd. He has an even better case because floyds jabs barely make contact like Golovkins which are often described as "power jabs".
                  Pacquiao didn't land ****

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    this was even more laughable.

the clenelo fanboys have to admit Floyd has at least 2 L's on his record right?
                    3 Actually Roger entered the Ring on the Judah fight. The rules state if a corner man steps into the ring you're disqualified. 4 If you want to count Oscar since many and including Floyd Sr said Oscar won. I had Delahoya losing 7 rounds to 5 , he blew them last 3 rounds cause he was out of shape

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      Floyd got a gift decision vs Castillo in the first fight. Credit to him for the immediate rematch that he clearly won.
                      what rounds did you give Castillo?

Comment

Working...
                      X