GGG has himself to blame for not having a win over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Mind games?

btw Sanchez didn't want GGG to fight that way.

GGG had more success fighting this way.
    Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
    He may have put too much pressure on himself. Not only does he have to win but he must also win "Mexican style". No just get the W by any means.
    ^^^^ This right here, it’s the perception of GGG more than anything else. You can use mind games outside of the ring, but in the ring when the fight is fully on. Mind games in the ring can be having a poker face when you are hurt, not when you are backing up and you are meant to be the “Killer”

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      ^^^^ This right here, it’s the perception of GGG more than anything else. You can use mind games outside of the ring, but in the ring when the fight is fully on. Mind games in the ring can be having a poker face when you are hurt, not when you are backing up and you are meant to be the “Killer”
      Who cares, GGG didn't run, he stepped back to avoid punches and find his long range most of the time.

I never saw him on his bike except a few times when he seemed hurt to the body.

Comment

He went for the KO and landed some shots that would have knocked any other middleweight out...Canelo just has a great Chin

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          And well, Harold Ledderman had GGG comfortably winning and they hardly spoke about that. Im basing it off of what people are saying here and in other online platforms. They're using HBOs painted narrative that GGG was badly losing due to not "fighting like himself."
          GGG's contract is over with HBO. He may come back for one more rematch because it will bring in another 20 million or so to retire with. Canelo's contract is over also and Oscar said he would shop around. HBO needs to sell Canlo and make sure they sign him up again because that's all they have left now.

Before the fight started Roy Jones JR said he thought GGG won the first fight narrowly...even though he wrote him off with Max during the fight as they were doing last night again until towards the end when they were starting to call GGG ahead and now they're writing him off again. HBO's commentary has become pathetic in the last few years...especially Max. They're are just a bunch of salesmen and horrible ones at that. I hope Oscar takes things over to Showtime so I won't have to listen to the whole crew any longer.
          Last edited by jaded; 09-16-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            GGG's contarct is over with HBO. He may come back for one more rematch because it will bring in another 20 million or so to retire with. Canelo's contract is over also and Oscar said he would shop around. HBO needs to sell Canlo and make sure they sign him up again because that's all they have left now.

Before the fight started Roy Jones JR said he thought GGG won the first fight narrowly...even thought he wrote him off with Max during the fight as they were doing last night again until towards the end when they were starting to call GGG ahead and now they're writing him off again. HBO's commentary has become pathetic in the last few years...especially Max. They're are just a bunch of salesman and horrible ones at that. I hope Oscar takes things over to Showtime so I won't have to listen to the whole crew any longer.
            Thank you for the context and info, really makes sense. Their production is the best in the business but they have the worst commentary out there. Can never hide their agenda.

Comment

Personally, I thought Golovkin needed to target the body more and throw more combination punche, if he was going to score the decisive knockout victory. One can easily get the impression that he was pulling his punches and holding back more than usual against Saul Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Who cares, GGG didn't run, he stepped back to avoid punches and find his long range most of the time.

I never saw him on his bike except a few times when he seemed hurt to the body.
                The way he fought was called running by Team GGG last year. They walked themselves right into that ("Running") one.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  And well, Harold Ledderman had GGG comfortably winning and they hardly spoke about that. Im basing it off of what people are saying here and in other online platforms. They're using HBOs painted narrative that GGG was badly losing due to not "fighting like himself."
                  They were penalizing him for not being one dimensional.

Comment

Ggg should have won both fights. He's only been distance 3 times. If course further down the line you'd expect Ggg to be on end of bad decisions but don't deserve bad decision as soon as someone takes you distance.
                    Nel o was due a few loss decisions but always gets favourable ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      The way he fought was called running by Team GGG last year. They walked themselves right into that ("Running") one.
                      And?

I mean, that's the weakest argument I ever heard, who cares what Abel has been barking (or even GGG himself), what this guy says has always been irrelevant to me, I don't even click on his interview/thread anymore.

I don't know how what has been said before the fight should influence our analysis of the fight and the result.

He tried to play mind games with Canelo's team, lure him into a certain fight and that's it.

GGG is the one fighting and he can chose how he wants to fight, he's the one who controlled the fight IMO, controlled the space, Canelo on the other hand made the fight.

His moves were great IMO, he tried to outbox Canelo I respect that since he did it, landed more punches, for some reason the judges liked Canelo agression and I could respect that.

I had GGG winning, he got short changed twice IMO. Feel bad for the guy who will never touch the lineal belt, ducked, ducked then short changed when he was old.
                      Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-17-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X